World Series

Go Indians!!!
65d61a76c6f9f9ec48e6fbbc7d8e3a75.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya,

Living with my parents and starting around 12 years old (early 60s) I would go to Cubs games either with friends or by myself. The famous Chicago 'L' line ended in the suburb I lived in.....last station north. From there it went south to and through Downtown, both over and under the city.

Well, I was at the first night game ever, back in 1988. Was there when Sosa hit #61&62 Sept of 98. Went to various playoff games over the years, and finally giving up on that team the end of that 98 season.

Till last year, when they got interesting once again. Before that I couldn't listen to em on the radio, let alone actually watch em on TV. I was offered tickets for nothing more than once and wouldn't accept the invite.

Anyway, if they win this year I will bank some serious cash. If they lose I'll still make money but not nearly as much.

So maybe this little story will give you Limeys and other Foreigners a tiny Yanker horse in the race.

Oh, I will include the world famous in Chicago singer/songwriter and long time now deceased Cubs fan Steve Goodman's little ditty.

Last edited:
unless its lions, tigers, redwings, and cowboys WHO THE HELL CARES AS LONG AS IT AINT CHICAGO GREEN BAY OR THE DAMNED YANKEES

that's from an american

All I can say is that I hope they didn't didn't concede defeat to soon. Chicago has a long history of "questionable" sportsmanship (and elections). Remember the White Socks scandal?? I hope they checked for 'corked bats' and funky balls!![emoji41] still time to get the 'courts' involved!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya,

Well, that 7th game was brutal. Woulda been lots worse if the Cubs had lost and it woulda cost me a bunch of cash. As it turned out, the Series win put thousands of bucks in my pocket. Hah, that team only took about forever to finally pay off!

Martin

Hiya,

Locally created Celebration of Cubs Wonderfulness 2016 picture. Measures about 4 and a half feet tall by 3 and a half wide, done in blue suede mat with red trim.

Attachments

• 2016 Cubs.jpg
    2016 Cubs.jpg
    761.7 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom