WS Shave brush

Hello all.

I have a Body Shop brush which I believe is synthetic and now a Wilkinson Sword boar brush [£4.50].
Used it today, mmmm prefer the Body Shop synthetic.

Should I do anything to the boar brush to make it better or will it get better after use?
Cheers
Sin

+1, the Wilkinson is great value for money and a pretty good brush when it comes to creating lather.
Give it a few more shaves and you should feel it improve.
regards, beejay

beejay said:
...the Wilkinson is great value for money and a pretty good brush when it comes to creating lather...
+1
however I've always found the handle to be a bit awkward to hole due to it's 'elliptical' shape...

I did use a WS brush years ago and they are good. I had a Body Shop one a while back and that lasted but the bristles got a bit manky after years of non use when I used cartridges. But since getting a new one last year the brush was fine until all the bristles fell out at once. I now use a Men U boar brush which is a bit stiff but gives a good hefty lather, but it can be a bit absorbant. It depends what you lather up with. I find a small ramekin pot works because the base is fairly small and does not spread the lather about too much.

I tried the WS brush yesterday, I last used one 15 or so years ago. I contacted Wilkinson Sword who said that the brush is synthetic. I looked at the bristles through a small magnifying glass and saw that they were round and flat ended. This suggests synthetic bristle, yet the handle must be made of black hole material because the brush absorbed all the lather by the second pass.

The brush fits on the Men U brush stand as well - it tilts a bit but is very stable.

All boars will soften up, give it week or so of use.

I've been through a few boars and IMO Omegas are some of the best around, and very cheap. I've had a number of Semogues as well, but I don't find them very boar-like. They're very soft and floppy; a good boar for people who like badgers. They cost more than Omegas, but they turn out some nice handles and make them pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom