WTB: ATT S1

I'm going to treat myself. Appreciating we can't complete this until normality returns, I thought I'd do a trawl to see if one is available.

I'm after an ATT S1 ideally with an Atlas handle. If you've got one that offends you and wish to sell it, please let me know.

Yes it is definitely on my wish list too as haven't filled that Slant slot yet !
It is an excellent razor indeed, having said that, looking at the SOTD pictures and the hardware you use on your shaves I'd be inclined to think the S1 would be rather mild for you, perhaps the S2 would be more your thing.

5, 6 years ago ATT razors were at their peek in popularity but not so much now, they remain top top quality razors. I own a 9 piece set and I'm looking to add one more plate, The R1 plate. Very under rated razors I think....but for those of us that have been in this hobby for a while can identify that razors and soaps to some extend go out of fashion when a new razor or soap is out, they aren't necessarily better but they are new and people jump in the wagon for the ride until the next new razor / soap.... and that's part of the hobby for most of us I guess, the excitement of waiting for the postman with your new 'must have' :)

It is an excellent razor indeed, having said that, looking at the SOTD pictures and the hardware you use on your shaves I'd be inclined to think the S1 would be rather mild for you, perhaps the S2 would be more your thing.

5, 6 years ago ATT razors were at their peek in popularity but not so much now, they remain top top quality razors. I own a 9 piece set and I'm looking to add one more plate, The R1 plate. Very under rated razors I think....but for those of us that have been in this hobby for a while can identify that razors and soaps to some extend go out of fashion when a new razor or soap is out, they aren't necessarily better but they are new and people jump in the wagon for the ride until the next new razor / soap.... and that's part of the hobby for most of us I guess, the excitement of waiting for the postman with your new 'must have' :)

Kinda feel like that about the new Paradigm stainless right now. I just can't justify it yet.. lol

I forgot to update this thread - I'm now the proud owner of an S2 with an Atlas handle. The S1 baseplate is also on its way from Maggard to complete the 'system'. Once I've worked my way through the new SEs, I'll report back here on how it shaves.

I forgot to update this thread - I'm now the proud owner of an S2 with an Atlas handle. The S1 baseplate is also on its way from Maggard to complete the 'system'. Once I've worked my way through the new SEs, I'll report back here on how it shaves.

Hopefully you get your plate without too much delay, I've been waiting for a handle from Maggaed for the last 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom