Ying Jili DE Razor

I bought one of these from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131226086594

I have just used it for the first time, it came with a blade.

It has to be the most blunt blade i have ever used......either that or it is a severly mild razor?

Has anyone else used one?

Shemen Zait said:
It's a Gillette Tech copy, drop any sharp blade in it (like Feather, Asta SP or Personna Red/Lab) and it will transform the razor to a highly efficient tool.

Yeah i just bought it as a back up to take away at weekends etc.

Never used a brand new blade that blunt in my life!

Bechet45 said:
What do you expect for that sort of money? I waste far more on expensive kit, admittedly - but it lives up to my expectation of working!

a sharp blade

I have one ...

Of all the Sterling clones, it's the best made. It has good plating and the blade sits in there well centred. It's a faithful copy.

I've actually not used the enclosed blade, but found it very acceptable with a Gillette Super Thin. Blind tested, I would not be able to distinguish it from any late Sterling.

I love the price, it's almost free. Gutted as my Chinese Riemi was £1.83 from Dx :(

No seriously, if you can get this, a Palmolive stick and some SuperMax plats you are looking at a very good return.

Shemen Zait said:
I love the price, it's almost free. Gutted as my Chinese Riemi was £1.83 from Dx :(

No seriously, if you can get this, a Palmolive stick and some SuperMax plats you are looking at a very good return.

I agree, for the price (£1.19 inc delivery) minus the crap blade its perfect.

My dad has a merkur 33 HD and i actually prefer this razor to his, the Merkur handle is too short and heavy for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom