Your favourite local restaurant......

Thought this would be an interesting topic.

What is your favourite local restaurant and why?

Mine is Fratelli Sarti on Bath Street in Glasgow http://www.sarti.co.uk/home.aspx

I have eaten here many times, from a light lunch to a huge family meal and I have NEVER had any issue with any of the food we have had. Every meal has been excellent and 99% of the time the service has been perfect.

The only time service was "flawed" would be when a newly started waitress brought us a bottle of white wine that had come from the wine storage without being chilled. However one of their head waiters had noticed this and recognised my sisters partner (he is 6'5" and missing a front tooth) and he served us for the rest of the night and we ended up getting some free sambuca and grappa. Yum.

If you are in the area I would greatly suggest going here for a meal. There are another 2 branches on Wellington Street and Renfield Street but the Bath Street one is where the magic happens.

They have the best Pizza I have ever tasted and they also do a mean Cheesecake.

To top it off the prices are very reasonable and you feel like you are getting your own little piece of Tuscany.

I look forward to hearing others.

Andy

our favourite eatery is 'The Blacksmiths Restaurant'

the food is nothing short of superb and the owners are great, make you feel really welcome.
they've got the timing of the courses to perfection, never rushed, never left waiting.
we try to go once a month and they have game nights twice a year, no, not a naff version of a quiz night but all the fare is locally shot game, both fur and feather.
we've had Wild Boar, Kangaroo, Ostrich, Springbok etc
suprisingly these we're not shot locally :?

BLACKSMITH’S RESTAURANT
JANUARY MENUS

A la Carte

Blacksmiths soup of the day £3.90
Chilled melon and port with strawberries and kiwi fruit £5.50
Duck and pheasant pate served with grape chutney and warm toast £5.80
Warm wild mushroom and duck salad tossed in a balsamic and garden herb dressing £5.90
Toasted goats cheese served with roast pine nuts and sage dressing £6.10
Flaked salmon and crab salad tossed in a lemon and mixed herb dressing served with garlic mayonnaise £6.20
Lambs kidneys served with chipolata sausages glazed onions and mushrooms in a rich red wine sauce £6.50
Chicken and diced gammon gently cooked in a cream leek sauce topped with puff pastry £9.90
Local pheasant cooked with chipolata sausages in a red wine and lentil sauce £14.90
Medallions of pork served with a brandy and mustard grain sauce £15.50
Prime rib eye steak cooked to your liking served with a whisky and peppercorn sauce £16.50
Guinea fowl pan fried with black pudding and diced bacon served with a red wine sauce £16.95
Breast of duck roasted pink with honey and cracked pepper served with a tangy orange sauce £17.90
Fillets of sea bass pan fried in lemon butter with flaked almonds £19.95
Loin of lamb baked in puff pastry with a mushroom and pate stuffing served on a Madeira wine sauce £21.90
Blackberry crème brulee £4.50
Hazelnut and strawberry meringue £4.50
South African malva pudding served warm with malva sauce and cream £4.50
Warm chocolate and pecan nut pie with vanilla ice cream £4.50
Apple and cinnamon crumble with custard £4.50
Fresh fruit salad and ice cream £4.50
White chocolate cheesecake £4.50
Selection of cheese and biscuits £6.80

Mid Week Menu – available Wednesday and Thursday’s only £19.95 per person

Blacksmith’s soup of the day
Duck and pheasant pate served with warm toast and grape chutney
Haggis traditionally served with a swede puree and a light red wine sauce
Chilled melon with strawberries and kiwi fruit
Smoked mackerel red onion and apple salad tossed in a tangy lemon and garden herb dressing
Warm salad of poached egg topped with black pudding and diced bacon
Chicken and diced gammon gently cooked in a cream leek sauce topped with puff pastry
Cumberland and black pudding sausage served on bubble and squeak with onion gravy
Spiced lamb kofta gently cooked in a red wine and tomato sauce served on garden herb mash
Calves liver cooked in sage butter served on mashed potato with bacon and a red wine sauce
Marlin steak pan fried in lemon and garlic butter with prawns and capers
Blackberry crème brulee
Hazelnut and strawberry meringue
Fresh fruit salad and ice cream
South African Malva pudding
Warm chocolate and pecan pie with ice cream
White chocolate cheesecake
Cheese and biscuits £3.00 extra

the South African Malva pudding is a must :hungrig

Back
Top Bottom