SOTD : Saturday 11th August - Friday 17th August 2018.

Date: 15 August 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Cologne Russe
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- British Ever Ready Streamline SE / GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Wed 15th Aug
Omega 11126
Cyril Salter Solid Soap
King Cobra
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

My second outing with the King Cobra, this time with the shorter Barbarosa Kaylon handle. Pleased that this Shave was better than the first, as got better results around the neck though I quite did not get it right around the corners of my mouth. This time there was no need of Alum, so obviously avoided too much pressure this time.
I feel sure that this Razor is going to be a regular in my AC/SE rotation probably at the expense of a lighter one , as I like the heavier S/S models.

IMG_0198.jpg

Last edited:
Today, a full barbershop shave!

Regards
f02b57a509f2af8dca582bf8aaeae32e.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

image.jpg

~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valbora Glicerlanolina soap
Razor ~ ATT G1
Blade ~ Gem Stainless
Soap ~ Barrister And Mann ~ Leviathan
Brush ~ Zenith 26mm Manchurian
Post ~ Thayers
Scent ~ Penhaligons - Sartotrial

My first use of the ATT G1 today, I don't think ATT done any sort of testing before rushing this razor to market. I knew it had a reputation for being mild but I was not prepared for the piss poor shave this razor gave. I could see what was wrong as soon as I placed the blade in the razor, the safety bar was far too long as can be seen by my first picture.
Regardless I tried to shave with it and although I got some sort of hair reduction it was not enough to leave me with a smooth finnish, it was as if I had left out the last pass of my shave.
I gave up trying and abandoned the shave and turned my attentions to the razor, using what I had to hand , a oil stone, different grades of wet and dry and finally some metal polish I set to work reducing the length of the baseplate safely bar (see attached file) a couple of hours later I have ended up with the razor ATT should have sold.
I returned to my shave and now I have a very efficient razor that has no problem in giving me a BBS Finnish!
Blademonkey 1 Razor 0 :) P.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 31
View attachment 37694

~SOTD~

Razor ~ ATT G1
Blade ~ Gem Stainless
Post ~ Thayers

My first use of the ATT G1 today, I don't think ATT done any sort of testing before rushing this razor to market. I knew it had a reputation for being mild but I was not prepared for the piss poor shave this razor gave. I could see what was wrong as soon as I placed the blade in the razor, the safety bar was far too long as can be seen by my first picture.
Regardless I tried to shave with it and although I got some sort of hair reduction it was not enough to leave me with a smooth finnish, it was as if I had left out the last pass of my shave.
I gave up trying and abandoned the shave and turned my attentions to the razor, using what I had to hand , a oil stone, different grades of wet and dry and finally some metal polish I set to work reducing the length of the baseplate safely bar (see attached file) a couple of hours later I have ended up with the razor ATT should have sold.
I returned to my shave and now I have a very efficient razor that has no problem in giving me a BBS Finnish!
Good work P! That's how it's done! :D

Wednesday 15th August
Gr4BDWw.jpg

Heno de Pravia glycerine soap pre-wash - Cadman Custom - OSP Bay Rum (Original Prototype) - Ever Ready 1914 - GEM SSC #7 - Alum - Electrif's Bay Rum - Dove Instant Hydration Cream

Smooth, close and comfortable. Nice to achieve the expectation.

I was lucky to be one of James's testers, back in 2016. This soap was one of the first prototypes. It was then that we knew this was going to be a winning formula.

I'm patiently looking forward to James's tallow based cream.

Pre: Cold water face wash,
Brush: Shavemac 2015 TSR 24mm ST
Soap: MdC Fougere (sample)
Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Treet Super CS
IMG_20180815_154954.jpg

Thanks to Rob (@Blackmass) for this sample of MdC Fougere and the first thing that struck me was the sublime scent and when lathered the scent softens and becomes even nicer.
I found it easy to lather, not something I can say about many samples, and the lather was very nice, cushioning and slick.
Where it falls down for me is the post shave. I don't find it drying but nor do I find it nourishing.
I may be tempted to buy a tub for the scent alone. It is expensive initially but because you only need a little to create a rich lather it probably works out cheaper than some.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Wednesday AM 2018-08-15

Thrift store mug
Rooney Stubby 3 Porcelain Finest (26/54)
Williams Rose shaving soap (vintage)/Bulgarian Rose EdP
Wolfman WR1-OC/Darwin
Personna 74 Tungsten (13)
Lagerfeld Classic aftershave (vintage)
Floris Rose Geranium EdT (vintage)

The Wolfman was smoother and less harsh than other open comb razors I have used. The cutting angle was intuitive, and the handle - while more slender than I would prefer - was not as slippery as I expected. Overall a very easy BBS shave.
txwih9u.jpg

View attachment 37694

~SOTD~

Razor ~ ATT G1
Blade ~ Gem Stainless
Post ~ Thayers

It might just be the picture but the bar looks thinner on one side

It was nice to get back home after over 3 weeks away using the same kit
Razor Rockwell 6C plate 2-4
Blade Voskod and Gillette 7O'Clock SharpEdge
Soap Palmolive Shave stick
Brush Maggard 24mm synthetic
Aftershave Nivea Active Energy 2 in 1 Balm
Now i can't decide what to use for my first shave back apart from the soap which will be Cattie's Bubbles Waterlyptus i haven't got to many razors
Gillette Slim Twist blue round handle TTO
Gillette Tech
Gillette Silver Tip TTO
Feather Popular TTO
Rockwell 6C

SOTD 15/08 - Staying with the vintage razors...

Pre Shave: Face wash with Bulldog Facial Wash
Soap: Wickham Soap Co 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Murdock Synthetic re-knotted with 22mm tuxedo knot
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD 500 (1953)
Post: Boots Witch Hazel in a 70/30 mix with Aloe Vera/BBA Post Shave Balm
EDT: Issey Miyake Sport Homme

180815_SOTD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom