SOTD : Saturday 20th October - Friday 26th October 2018.

Monday 22nd October PM

Pre-shave:- Cool rinse, Nivea Sensitive Face Wash then Proraso White Pre Shave cream
Brush:- The Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Wickhams Buddha Wood soap
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6c (R3)/Gillette 7 O'clock green (3)
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber followed by Nivea 2 Phase.

4a1558386b09706809218b1c3c31848a.jpg

Okay....some may see from the picture that the razor isn't a Rockwell 6c! I was loaned a straight and thought I'd try it out tonight.

All my usual prep and off I went WTG. My cheek was no problem but as soon as I started my chin....bang....a good dig in. One of those ones when you step back and wait....wait....then whisper FFS as the red starts to flow. Knowing that if I continued this would be a blood bath, I placed the straight to one side and got out my Rockwell 6c. The blood gradually stopped and my shave actually turned out really good.

A nice 3 pass shave with again no need for pickups. Really smooth and fresh.

After a good cold rinse the blood stopped and the splash of Nivea 2 Phase didn't sting at all! Surprisingly!

A nice pleasant shave other than the mishap with the straight. I'll get over the shock of the blood loss soon and give it another go. Totally my inexperience and worth another go. If at first you don't succeed and all that.

Have a great night folks!

Last edited:
Monday 22nd October PM

Pre-shave:- Cool rinse, Nivea Sensitive Face Wash then Proraso White Pre Shave cream
Brush:- The Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Wickhams Buddha Wood soap
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6c (R3)/Gillette 7 O'clock green (3)
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber followed by Nivea 2 Phase.

4a1558386b09706809218b1c3c31848a.jpg

Okay....some may see from the picture that the razor isn't a Rockwell 6c! I was loaned a straight and thought I'd try it out tonight.

All my usual prep and off I went WTG. My cheek was no problem but as soon as I started my chin....bang....a good dig in. One of those ones when you step back and wait....wait....then whisper FFS as the red starts to flow. Knowing that if I continued this would be a blood bath, I placed the straight to one side and got out my Rockwell 6c. The blood gradually stopped and my shave actually turned out really good.

A nice 3 pass shave with again no need for pickups. Really smooth and fresh.

After a good cold rinse the blood stopped and the splash of Nivea 2 Phase didn't sting at all! Surprisingly!

A nice pleasant shave other than the mishap with the straight. I'll get over the shock of the blood loss soon and give it another go. Totally my inexperience and worth another go. If at first you don't succeed and all that.

Have a great night folks!
Excellent narrative Gordy,... Inexperience is something that bites you in the arse, or in your case, the chin, I've had a few shavette experiences, which ended up in a blood bath but, yes I carried on, i prefer my humble de razors for my shaves, purely because its a much pleasurable experience, and I don't have to worry as much about another face slashing, I honour people who are straight razor shavers, that's a proper art to me, but something I known I couldn't master for enjoyment, which tradition DE wet shaving has giving me, but each to their own. Regards. B

SOTD : 23rd October 2018.

26.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10065 Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Nivea Men ~ Body Shaving Stick.

Blade: Ladas Super Stainless .(3)

Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head / Schmidt R10 Handle .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut ~ Attraction Totale ASL.

Groomed ~ Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early moring start for me..From this week leading up to the christmas period, i'll be doing some irregular 12 + hour shifts,can't be helped it's the way my shift pattern has worked out..At least i won't be working over the christmas period, 'hopefully'..As always, needs must unfortunately.

The nivea Body shaving stick along with my shaving creams will be added to my SOTD set ups quite frequently with my week day shaves, purely because i have 3 un-opened ones to use, both my sticks & shaving creams provide a quick adequate protective no-fuss lather in no time, using my synthetic brushes, which is a bonus for my early morning shaves , when i don't have much time, leaving me to use my soaps for my weekend shaves, that i can use at my leisure to appreciate them more.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Groomed ~Post Shave Balm

My face is feeling fresh super smooth, & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Last edited:
Tuesday 23rd October

Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Proraso Green Tea and Oat Pre Shave
OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Soap
Zenith 506U TS Synthetic Brush
Merkur 37C Razor with a 7 O'Clock Permasharp
Alum and Rinse
Thayers Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Quorum AS and EDT

3 passes and the results couldn't be better:)

Back
Top Bottom