Any Penny Dreadful watchers ?

Only just finished season 1, so can't comment, don't know why I even posted this pointless comment???

I'll make you feel better by adding an even worse comment of my own:

"I watched the first 4-5 episodes but even though I felt it was a good show it didn't grab me enough to keep watching.
Best show I've watched lately is the new "Outcast" - really liking it so far".

There :)

I have a problem believing an established British actor playing an American, watched 1 episode of Outcast so far, will give it a good chance to convert me.

Preacher has my vote for recent releases.

Ah yes Preacher is pretty good.
Outcast took until episode three, for me, until it got really interesting. Note: I'm biased having read the cartoons :)

Penny Dreadful, eh? I'll keep the penny 'cos the rest was dreadful. Just started Outcast and ain't sure at all but Preacher gets my vote - Joseph Gilgun is typically mental and great fun to watch. Enjoying the last few episodes of Hell on Wheels too so hope it ends well.

So, it finished last night. What did you reckon to the last episode and ending?

Put in perspective with the season 2, the ending of the season 3 is way too easy and not very coherent.

In the season 2 the witches deployed a great deal of means to catch Eva Green, thus it was hard and violent. In the penultimate episode of the season 3 she gave herself very easily...

Furthermore, I found the storyline of Dr Frankenstein and his acolytes (the creature and the pseudo fiancée) quite useless.

Ah yes Preacher is pretty good.
Outcast took until episode three, for me, until it got really interesting. Note: I'm biased having read the cartoons :)

I still don't know what to think of Preacher. The comics is supposed to be some kind of masterpiece, however, after seeing four episodes, the main plot hasn't been unveiled. We still don't know who wants what, so at the moment things are happening without really making sense.

Outcast: the pilot looks like a remake of Chucky... And it seemed intriguing. Unfortunately, the interest decrease rapidly with the following episodes, an exorcism case for each one, but not many clues to shed a light on the Outcast... Slow, very slow.

Put in perspective with the season 2, the ending of the season 3 is way too easy and not very coherent.

In the season 2 the witches deployed a great deal of means to catch Eva Green, thus it was hard and violent. In the penultimate episode of the season 3 she gave herself very easily...

Furthermore, I found the storyline of Dr Frankenstein and his acolytes (the creature and the pseudo fiancée) quite useless.
Not as useless as Dorien Gray
No more series btw

Well if you haven't seen the last episode then look away now!!
It was dire. such an easy childish ending to produce. Dracula. No point in him being there at all. Frankenstien, again. What was the point of him in the grand scheme of the story which revolved around Miss Ives and her battle with the forces of evil hell bent on restoring her to the side of Lucifer. Dorian Grey. Why? He brought nothing to the party whatsoever. The Werewolfs? They should have come to the fore a bit more. And as for the coup de gras to finish Miss Ives and thwart the Devils plans, Childish is the only word for it. A simple bullet.What a cop out. I loved this series and am sad it is to be no more but it felt like it rushed like a runaway train towards no destination that put the brakes on rather than crashing through the barriers like it should have. If I had my way I would have loved to see a final battle between Miss Ives and Lucifer a battle where Vanessa won her freedom from the devils grip. Not just fizzling out. Disappointing to say the least.

Agreed. Great idea. One thing I will say is that I thought the acting was superb. Timothy Dalton played a good part and shrugged off his awful James Bond performances. He really stood out and became believable. I would however have liked to see him play the role of Van Helsing. That would have completed the 'Good side' if you like. Oh and I'd have loved to have seen two of Eva Greens better parts ;)

Back
Top Bottom