Anyone use face scrubs?

Anyone use face scrubs as part of their pre-shave routine?

My girlfriend got me the 1-2-3 set from The Real Shaving Co which consists of a face scrub, shave cream, and aftershave balm. All are quite nice to use, but I feel that the scrub has helped improve my skin quite a bit.

So does anyone else use any face scrubs regularly? What do you like/not like about what you've tried?

Not a face scrub per se, but I use Dr. Squatch Pine Tar soap:

http://drsquatch.com/products/pine-tar

It may still not receive Vinny's imprimatur but it does say 'if you’re manly you’ll love this bar'.

[Disclaimer - not affiliated etc etc]

It's completely unnecessary to use a scrub over parts of the face that you're going to shave, the girls like it because it exfoliates whereas you already scrape the dead skin off with a blade a few times a week.

DPTC said:
Yeah I use Bulldog's face scrub, the day before shaving, not on the shave day as it irritates my face too much. Good for getting rid of dead skin cells and enhancing a brighter appearance!!
+1

Although I use it twice per week just before the shave, and (for me) I so far end up with BBS.

Paul

antdad said:
It's completely unnecessary to use a scrub over parts of the face that you're going to shave, the girls like it because it exfoliates whereas you already scrape the dead skin off with a blade a few times a week.
Antdad makes a valid point. Must admit I do use a face scrub once a week though, I find it useful for tidying up dry skin around the nose and forehead. I usually use Elemis for Men if I'm at home, or Nivea if away.

I use St Ives apricot scrub every other day. If I don't use it I get razor bumps or ingrown hairs. It's a great product, the only staple of my shaving ritual. I wouldn't mind changing my razor, brushes or soaps but I will always keep St Ives scrub (and Persona Lab Blues). It's only £3ish as well