Blue's Soap - Goats Milk Shaving Soap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/142023745129

What is going on here? I got pushed this advert from FB. Clicked on the link, and it appears that China has launched into a mass production/distribution of this soap which is from "New Zealand"? There are endless options to buy it. Dirt cheap, and reeking of "too good to be true".

@Blademonkey , I have a vague recollection that you had ordered some of this of the Bay. Has it arrived, and does it stack up, or is it some sort of half baked reproduction?

Do a search and you'll find a thread dedicated to Blue's goats milk soap. Quite a few of us have it and I seem to remember that most were pleased, present company included. Especially from a VFM perspective.

Do a search and you'll find a thread dedicated to Blue's goats milk soap. Quite a few of us have it and I seem to remember that most were pleased, present company included. Especially from a VFM perspective.
@halvor - I tried a search but nothing material came up re this soap. My point is around the realisation that this now seems to be a Chinese product masquerading as a Kiwi one. What I am keen to understand is whether the Chinese version (if that is what is now on offer) is as good as what I assume was a previously NZ produced item. It's dead cheap on ebay.

Thanks for that. Much obliged.

Having read through that, I may get the soap, or I may not.

Or I may just say it was worth it just to read FergieBilly off on one of his moments again (he's basically been my sole form of entertainment today - to hell with the Olympics).

"it made the Bathroom Smell like a Cheap Whore House & I have been in a few..I Flushed it down the Toilet after it Burned my Face to Hell..It was Utter Crap"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/142023745129

What is going on here? I got pushed this advert from FB. Clicked on the link, and it appears that China has launched into a mass production/distribution of this soap which is from "New Zealand"? There are endless options to buy it. Dirt cheap, and reeking of "too good to be true".

@Blademonkey , I have a vague recollection that you had ordered some of this of the Bay. Has it arrived, and does it stack up, or is it some sort of half baked reproduction?

Yes I have a couple of tins of this soap and it does the job very well, quite slick, lathers up nicely, for the price you can't go wrong, but thats only my opinion. Not much scent to talk of , at that price you are not losing much if you don't like it, I used twice now and it's ok.

$_57.JPG

Its a Decent Tallow Soap..Its Made in China with Sheep Tallow Fat..Its an Old New Zealand Shaving Soap Recipe that the Chinese have Copied..That Explains the Label because I Have Researched it..It has a Light Milky Bar Kid White Chocolate Kinda Scent & its Ever So Skin Friendly..:)

Billy

Right lads, I took plunge and ordered one, I'll pass judgement in 10-30 days time :p. Until then, does anyone happen to have an ingredient list for the soap? There isn't any on the listings on eBay so maybe theres none out there.

My soap was delivered today, too late to try for my shave this morning. Just from smelling the soap in the tin, I get a very distinct Olbas Oil type scent. Looking at the ingredients tho I can't see why that would be. Has anyone experianced that with this soap? I'll try a lather test now to see if the smell carries over but I was surprised by it, it cleared my nose great!!

*Edit: Test Lather done. For one, with only a 20 sec load of my brush I produced a really great lather which was quite slick and still thick, so I was impressed with that. As for the smell, my hands have a light, clean smell off them, quite soapy, none of the Olbas Oil scent from the tin. I'm not sure what the smell is, but I am very bad with scents so it could just be me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom