Boar brush break in?

i picked up a cheap Omega boar on recomdation as I have a TOBS soap to use and neither of my lovely badger brushes have the backbone to lather it effectively.

I'm very impressed with the lather it's generated together with a tiny dab of cream and a few drops of glycerine.

Roughly how long before the tips of the bristles split and become softer?

Yes, me too.
I got my first one to use every other day to let my badger brush dry fully between uses,
ended up preferring the boar omega hands down.

I'm thinking about an SOC boar to put on my Xmas list.
I prefer the undyed hair, why pretend to be something youre not?
i don't actually own an Omega boar, but i have 4 Semogue boar which are excellent, once broken in..if you are considering getting another boar brush have a browse at the Semogues excellent brushes for a reasonable price.Regards.

Congrats. I actually find Omega's to be easier to break-in than Semogue, and they are much less of a lather hog too, at least the ones I've got. Both are excellent, but for value, Omega wins.

Like JayGee, I'm also considering getting an SOC boar. Cherry wood perhaps.

Congrats. I actually find Omega's to be easier to break-in than Semogue, and they are much less of a lather hog too, at least the ones I've got. Both are excellent, but for value, Omega wins.

Like JayGee, I'm also considering getting an SOC boar. Cherry wood perhaps.
Interestingly, my experience is exactly the opposite. Although I don't use either much nowadays, I have an Omega with a red plastic handle and a Semogue with a wooden one (I can't for the life of me remember the models). I suppose they're about 2-3 years old.

Although both work well, the Omega has resisted split ends, and is still much the same shape as when new; whilst the Semogue has bloomed into a nice fan shape with fluffy tips. I have a couple of hard soaps that are difficult to lather, and the boar brushes, through size and stiffness, do the best job on these.

Yes, me too.
I got my first one to use every other day to let my badger brush dry fully between uses,
ended up preferring the boar omega hands down.

I'm thinking about an SOC boar to put on my Xmas list.
I prefer the undyed hair, why pretend to be something youre not?

I have the SOC boar, it's a very nice brush. I agree with you on the un-dyed bristles I love the look of a nice blonde boar.

Back
Top Bottom