Chubby 2 - Whats the catch?

Amazon are selling the Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger for £126 this seems so much cheaper than anywhere I can find

So am I missing something (what's the catch) or is this a very good deal?

Hi Mal, who is the seller? I bought a Chubby 3 at a very good price from Amazon. The seller was executive shaving and the price was better than on their own site. I think it aŕived next day. Chubby s are superb brushes.

Hi Mal, who is the seller? I bought a Chubby 3 at a very good price from Amazon. The seller was executive shaving and the price was better than on their own site. I think it aŕived next day. Chubby s are superb brushes.
Looks like it's from Amazon direct, think I'm gonna have to have one

Someone over on the other forum bought a CH3 from Amazon last month (also on offer) it arrived with an unusually high loft so they returned it as defective... I bought a total of 5 different Simpsons from them recently and had to send a couple back, one had a huge 15mm glue bump and the other had an uneven/deformed knot.

Either QC at Simpsons has gone down the pan or Amazon have acquired a load of seconds. All that said, it's Amazon so if you're not happy just send it back for a full refund... Zero risk.

Sure it's a super? The pic shows a Best
889975f47455b18ccdb50fca8327356d.jpg

If it was seconds, it would have to be declared. I bought a Simpson's chubby 3 from Amazon, but it clearly said despatched by Executive Shaving which is a highly reputable seller from Glasgow. It was sent first class post

I think they have just got the description wrong. As Carbold spotted, picture is of a best and the price matches their best on their website right now.

Fingers crossed they honour the description for those that purchased!

Mark

I ordered one too but when it arrived the box had a KH3 in best in it! Tired box too so I think I was just unlucky and Amazon had sent something out in error. They immediately accepted the return and reordered another Chubby 2 but as they are now out of stock I have to wait.

But I noticed that the Chubby 3 in Super was £145 so I ordered that and it arrived the following day. It's absolutely lush and I now see what all the fuss is about.

I have to say thats the second new Simpson I have bought in the last few weeks and it only shed a couple of hairs on the first use, the other, a 58 Manchurian didn't shed anything at all. I also have a Duke 1 in Best and a Beaufort in pure that don't shed so at the risk of sounding like a Simpson fanboy I have to say I have no complaints with their QC. Hope that hasn't jinxed my inbound Chubby 2 ........

Mark

Back
Top Bottom