Do you recycle your old blades?

I usually clean my blades when they are no longer of use and put them in the trash. However, I was thinking about recycling them and was wondering many of you do this? Thanks

I am never quite sure if they should be put in the normal council facility or somewhere where they take sharps. I certainly don't put them out with the general trash.

As it is I am still collecting my past blades for the day when the box won't take anymore and I have to think 'where?'

Nope, never done it. DE blades, cartridges and recently (not done yet, started again with DE last December) just the trash bin.
Edit : maybe I should use an old beer can or something like that to collect them and deliver it at the waste disposal station in my city.
On the other hand, about 1 blade a week, a soup tin / can is much bigger

I put mine in a jar and when full dispose of it in a sharps box at work. It's really dangerous to dispose of them in normal trash.
DE blades come in a dispenser where you can put the used blades in. When it's full I throw is in my trash can. When that bag is full it goes in the underground trash container in the street. As far as I know my city does not collect sharp items

DE blades come in a dispenser where you can put the used blades in. When it's full I throw is in my trash can. When that bag is full it goes in the underground trash container in the street. As far as I know my city does not collect sharp items
I suppose I am lucky that I work in a Hospital. I think in the UK Pharmacies are responsible for the collection and disposal of sharps.

Reactions: abj
I simply place the old blade in wax paper that came off the new blade I'm about to use. Bin it. Done.
If I gave to the metal scrappers a tiny stack of old blades which I collected for 2-3 years, they may laugh themselves into a heart attack.

Reactions: abj
I stick my used blades into an empty beer can and put them in the recycling every so often. Nice looking beer cans make a nice addition to my shelf. Currently its a Birra Moretti can that I brought back from Italy.

I have always put used blade (accurately washed before put them away) in an aluminum container of fortune (sometimes beer or coke can, some other times old fashioned candy box). I will then seal the container when full, write used blades on, and then dispose it in the mixed recycling. After that, I only hope they will be recycled.

Back
Top Bottom