Gillette's Latest Innovation

Looks interesting. They've dropped the Fusion flexball though. I was kind of hoping this would be the Fusion flexball design with less blades and cheaper carts (at least Wilkinson Sword with their Hydro give you the option of 3 or 5 blades per cart). Looks like you'll still pay a small fortune for the carts, and the cart itself looks rather chunky for just 2 blades. Not great for getting under one's nose.

However, their new Treo razor from earlier this year is now available at a very reasonable price. It is, as many know, merely their Guard razor, but with a handle full of shave goop.
Gillette's 'Waterless by Venus' razor for women also uses the Guard cartridge.
And, like the Treo, it has a handle filled what seems to be something similar to K-Y jelly...

Last edited:
Looks interesting. They've dropped the Fusion flexball though. I was kind of hoping this would be the Fusion flexball design with less blades and cheaper carts (at least Wilkinson Sword with their Hydro give you the option of 3 or 5 blades per cart). Looks like you'll still pay a small fortune for the carts, and the cart itself looks rather chunky for just 2 blades. Not great for getting under one's nose.
I think it will fit onto the Flexball handle. Other Fusion cartridges do.

I can't quite see if it's got the single blade on the back of the cartridge for shaping and sniping under the nose.

I think it will fit onto the Flexball handle. Other Fusion cartridges do.

I can't quite see if it's got the single blade on the back of the cartridge for shaping and sniping under the nose.
I’ll give this a go it if fits on the Flexball handle. Yeah that would be good if it has the rear single blade. Wonder when we’ll see these for sale