How do I hone this blade?

odd.JPG
Got an old Erik Anton Berg frame back incoming. The style is like the one pictured with a wide knife edge at a shallow angle plus a thin shaving edge with a steeper angle. Not sure how to hone this one maybe use a black marker to see where I am hitting the edge.

I have Honed a Number of Frame Backs..Thus Far..They All Honed Up the Same as Any Other SR..That Also Included Some Swedish Erik Anton Berg Frame Backs..I Use One Layer of Tape as Per Normal..The Steel is Very Hard..So..It Can Take a Moment or Two to Set a Bevel..:)

The Way I Check to See if One Layer of Tape is Enough if in Doubt..Run the Blade Up & Down the Hone for Say 40 Sets..I Call Em Recce or Intel Sets..I Can Tell Immediately if the Bevel is Area is Cutting Properly or Cutting in the Right Place as One Would Expect..o_O

I Use this Method with Wedges or Near Wedges a Lot Cause Some Need More Layers of Tape than Others..The Recce Sets Reveal All..You Can of Course Use a Marker..Never Felt the Need Myself & as I Said..Never Had an Issue with Any Frame Back Thus Far..;)

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom