It’s finally arrived!!

Just gave it its maiden voyage . I’ve been away on business so couldn’t take any blades as I traveled with carry on only so a good weeks worth of bristle!
Utterly effortless, hot knife through butter- text book BBS finish!
Baby’s been thoroughly cleaned, dried, a once over with a little ‘peek’ then buffed with a silicon cloth and put to bed in a blanket of silica gel sachets! WOW!!

Would thoughly recommend anyone in a position to buy a blade today to jump on the sister currently on his eBay store! He has scaled in rams horn which is real nice. I have a 6/8th tungsten with similar scales and they are beautifully translucent and show the silhouette of the blade through the scale !

Think he means the razor. It can get a little tedious to be fair
All part of the fun ! Though if you don’t want the extra work of straight razor maintenance I would strongly recommend a feather DX with the plus blades! Frighteningly sharp but the shave is amazing! I started with one - even had it rescaled it’s so nice! Drop a fresh blade in when needed and your good to go - surgical stainless so no issues of rust etc! CBE0BBF7-DB5A-498A-B111-8EF9007797D5.jpeg

All part of the fun ! Though if you don’t want the extra work of straight razor maintenance I would strongly recommend a feather DX with the plus blades! Frighteningly sharp but the shave is amazing! I started with one - even had it rescaled it’s so nice! Drop a fresh blade in when needed and your good to go - surgical stainless so no issues of rust etc! View attachment 38911
Haha yeah, I've got straights and a 12k to keep em going. I'm willing, but I admit it might be easier if you didn't have to

Interesting ! I took that route, I have a yellow lake stone and a coticule, every 6-7 shaves per razor and they get a light touch up then a few passes on a flax /chrome oxide strop - as good ad new every time - hanging hair test blitzed every time !
Was the thing that put me off real straights initially but in reality is not to much hassle - stropping is kind of therapeutic!

The design comes directly from the a lancet produced originally by ‘Mappin’ ! I’ve asked the maker to reproduce, the only slight twist is an elongated tail and gun stock scales! It is however not to dissimilar to an original. If you like to see it’s brother /sister look at rigarazors on eBay ! This is probably more similar to the original with regards to the scale design !
Not sure about the reasons for such a design, weight reduction perhaps is possible given it’s a 9/8th , but it just firsthand looks awesome and shaves just as well so perhaps somebody can chime in to explain??