Lea soap stick

Currently on hols in sunny Tenerife and shaving every day.

Last year I picked up a Lea soap stick and took it home unused.

Bought another at the supermarket this morning for the €1.15 I think?

I'm not usually a massive soap stick fan as there are much easier mediums to load a brush with but I've just had an amazing shave with it. Only one days growth to catch the soap directly from the stick but I also have it a good go with a damp brush and had enough, with a bit of effort, for three passes.

What a superb soap, great slickness and glide with an excellent post shave feel.

It seems it could be soft enough to try slices in a suitable container once I'm home to really load the brush?

Anyone had experience of trying this? (The name is too short a search string)

Definitely tallow formula according to the ingredients and it feels very “tallow slick”

I did try putting it directly in my face but only one day's growth doesn't give much resistance:D

Personally I was not a big fan, typical traditional stick with soapy scent, nothing there to excite so binned my tallow Lea.

Last edited:
Definitely tallow formula according to the ingredients and it feels very “tallow slick”

I did try putting it directly in my face but only one day's growth doesn't give much resistance:D
It doesn't need much. Just soak for a short time.....and there will be enough!

I'm surprised to hear the Lea tallow stick can still be bought on the high street. I'm intrigued whether it is old stock or ANOTHER reformulation.

I've only used the tallow formulation and even though the soap is a bit on the harder side of things and not as easy to apply as a stick like Tabac it produces a decent lather and the post shave feel I find to be fantastic. I like the Lea shaving cream as well. I wouldn't be surprised if all the Lea products punch well above their price tags.

I'm surprised to hear the Lea tallow stick can still be bought on the high street. I'm intrigued whether it is old stock or ANOTHER reformulation...

They've had nigh onto three reformulations I believe. o_O Personally, when my tallow one is gone the only shave stick I will buy again is Speick.

Back
Top Bottom