Hi all,
Started DE shaving about 3 months ago with a Murkur Futur and cut myself to ribbons with it even on #1! Thought it was down to technique and I'm sure some of it was. Then realised after a while that the top plate was not square, meaning that one side of the blade was more exposed than the other, hence the blood bath. I persevered and after a while I kind of got the hang of it but still with the inevitable nick every now and again. Just bought a Feather AS-D2 and am very happy with it so sent the Futur back as it was clearly substandard.
Really happy I didn't give up (and I very nearly did!) as the results are a million times better than the Mach 3 that I was using before. I will never look back.
I've been reading various posts on this forum over the last month or so and they have really helped point me in the right direction, so decided to sign up so I could say thanks to all for the helpful posts.
Very much looking forward to learning from this community more and hoping some day I can impart some knowledge too!
Whilst reading through some posts I have noticed that there are a lot of acronyms in use here. I've worked out some of them but I'm struggling with some, especially some of the brands being a newbie. Is there a glossary posted anywhere? would be really helpful for a newbie!
Thanks again all, your posts have been invaluable in my transition into the word of DE shaving.
Any further help and advice greatly received!

Welcome to TSR. Any specific acronyms you want help with? I must admit I thought the same early on, about all the shaving jargon. You'll soon pick it up, but yes some kind of resource would be handy

Welcome to TSR good choice with the feather as d2 I bought it as my first razor and 2 years later can say I've never even been tempted to buy another DE... Favourite blades are feather, Kai and Gillette silver blue give them a try if you haven't already you won't be dissapointed !

@GordyC thanks for the pointer to the acronym post, it has proved very helpful. @Olie29 I've tried 2 blades so far in the D2, Feathers and Astra Superior Platinum. I must say I prefer the Astras. I find them more comfortable, get far fewer nicks and I need to do less touching up for just as close a shave, but then we're all built differently I suppose, YMMV as you guys would say (thanks again @GordyC, I now know what this means!) I'm sure I try your other blade recommendations at some point in the not to distant future.
Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome!

Back
Top Bottom