Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here but I've been using a safety razor and de blades for about 5 years.
I broke my Muhle razor and whilst looking at reviews decided to join.
Looking forward to reading reviews etc.
I just received a Qshave adjustable razor, a Merkur clone. I'm impressed.
After years of using Proraso and TOBS (creams) products I just ordered some TFS soap and RazoRock XXX aftershave splash. Struggled with the soap but liked the splash.
I look forward to reading about the different products you guys use.

Zaf

Last edited:
Hi Zaf and welcome.

Hope you have a better experience with the Futur clone (assuming that's what it is, don't know if there's a Progress clone) than I did, I found it really awkward and unbalanced to use so quickly went back to a more traditional razor.

Hi Zaf and welcome.

Hope you have a better experience with the Futur clone (assuming that's what it is, don't know if there's a Progress clone) than I did, I found it really awkward and unbalanced to use so quickly went back to a more traditional razor.

Hi Rob, yes its the futur clone. I bought it on a whim and for the price I think its excellent. The shave I had today with it on setting 1 was not good but on setting 6 I think its a bargain but this is of course subjective. I'm going to buy a Merkur 34C i think. I just feel that after 5 odd years I want something a little better than an entry level razor which the 34C is rated as but the reviews for it are excellent. It was the razor I wanted originally but everyone was sold out so I bought the Muhle R89 which served me well. The Futur Clone is just a stop gap!

I got a good shave from it on levels 3 & 4, never used it long enough to go any higher than that. It's actually a really good performer, but didn't like the size of the head or the top heavy balance. I went back to my Merkur 23c for a while, but I was given an Above The Tie M2 by a friend, and I find it's pretty much spot on for me, maybe slightly on the mild side but it feels right.

Back
Top Bottom