Palmolive irritation.

Has anyone had problems with irritation caused by Palmolive cream and soap?
I've tried a process of elimination with products and it seems to point at Palmolive. Which is a shame because I love the smell.

Not to my knowledge. I always found Palmolive cream very mild. I only stopped using it as I went off the scent. I still use the shaving stick, and certainly have no problems with it.

Most people have no issues with TOBS Sandalwood but when i use it it looks like I've scraped my face with sandpaper.

And one unwashed blob of soap, left overnight, made my ear and the skin behind swell. That was P&B Whitechapel. A very well respected soap.

I've parted ways with two or three others that I just can't use for similar reasons. Most include sandalwood in the scent profile and apparently I'm not the only one who gets that.

Most people have no issues with TOBS Sandalwood but when i use it it looks like I've scraped my face with sandpaper.

And one unwashed blob of soap, left overnight, made my ear and the skin behind swell. That was P&B Whitechapel. A very well respected soap.

I've parted ways with two or three others that I just can't use for similar reasons. Most include sandalwood in the scent profile and apparently I'm not the only one who gets that.
What I meant was that I don't think Palmolive contsins sandalwood, which is actually a fairly normal irritant.

Here's my two bobs worth...First & formost, stay clear of Palmolive shaving products, it could be your skin type doesn't get on with 'tallowate ',how ever i could be wrong, but both the stick & creams contain this, look at the soaps & creams ingredients of the soaps that you don't have issues with, & see if they contain the same as the Palmolive ingredients, i count myself lucky, my skin type get on with all the soaps & creams i've used so far.Regards.

Here's my two bobs worth...First & formost, stay clear of Palmolive shaving products, it could be your skin type doesn't get on with 'tallowate ',how ever i could be wrong, but both the stick & creams contain this, look at the soaps & creams ingredients of the soaps that you don't have issues with, & see if they contain the same as the Palmolive ingredients, i count myself lucky, my skin type get on with all the soaps & creams i've used so far.Regards.

Isn't "Tallowate" simply a more accurate terminiology for tallow? If that's what the OP is reacting to, he would surely have had the same problem with a high percentage of soaps.

Never had a problem with the classic Palmolive cream. I have never tried the menthol version of it, so I have no idea about the performance of that one. However, the classic always worked perfectly for me. Very creamy lather and soft skin after the shave. But as usual YMMV

I have psoriasis and I use mostly creams, but Palmolive Classic with palm extract is my favorite!
The skin protection and overall performance is just great. Never had any problems while use it. The only issue for me is that this cream isn`t available in my country, and I should pay more for shipping from eBay :confused:

Here's my two bobs worth...First & formost, stay clear of Palmolive shaving products, it could be your skin type doesn't get on with 'tallowate ',how ever i could be wrong, but both the stick & creams contain this

As far as I know, the stick does have tallow, but not the cream. Here's the ingrediet list

Palmolive classic:
Aqua, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Silicate, Cocos Nucifera Extract, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Cl 15985, Cl 42051, Cl 45350, Cl 47005.

As far as I know, the stick does have tallow, but not the cream. Here's the ingrediet list

Palmolive classic:
Aqua, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Silicate, Cocos Nucifera Extract, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Cl 15985, Cl 42051, Cl 45350, Cl 47005.
Thanks for the information.. I'm very fortunate to have a skin type that hasn't been affected with any of the soaps I've used
Both the palmolive classic stick & cream are a firm favourite of mine.

I worked in the personal care sector supplying raw materials at one time and the big soapers tend to take product with wider tolerances on impurities / acids / irritants etc. this makes the materials and hence the end product cheaper , and most people will be fine with the formulation.

However for some it will effect them and in that case you may just need to try an alternative. It is also absolutely possible to use a product for years with no issue then get sensitised to it.

Back
Top Bottom