Professor Blighty - what soap replaced it in your den ?

When I first started wet shaving with a DE the Professor's soap was readily available and I probably didn't realise how good a soap it was .
All I have left is a tub of his coconut which was unused until this morning's shave ,and then I realised just what I was missing . I find glycerin soap's are ideal for my skin and the Professor's alway's lathered well . I never use anything with Tallow or Lanolin in it .
His aftershave's were/are legendary , but , it is his soap that I am trying to replace .
So Gent's , what did you replace the Professor's shaving soap with ?

Nearest I've ever come to Prof Blighty soaps is Mama Bear from U.S.A. Unfortunately there isn't a British stockist of which I'm aware. Heaven scent used to do very nice glycerine soaps, however they also have stopped making them. I couldn't recommend Col Conk at all. Shetland Soap Co make a Brute glycerine soap which has been kind to my skin, although I don't rate it as highly as the Prof's masterpieces.

JohnnyO. o/

They've always been great to deal with for me GS, just watch out for those pesky customs if you inadvertently stray over whatever the current values are. Plus, of course, the P.O. Charge for leaving you their calling card.

JohnnyO. o/

You could try Signature Soaps. I have a Prof Blighty soap and I thinks it's very similar. I bought the SS Cedarwood and Peppermint Glycerin Shaving Soap and it's a great quality fragrance, very refreshing and stays with you a little while after the shave.
To be honest I prefer a little tallow in my soap but for a glycerin-only soap SS is pretty damn fine.

You could try Signature Soaps. I have a Prof Blighty soap and I thinks it's very similar. I bought the SS Cedarwood and Peppermint Glycerin Shaving Soap and it's a great quality fragrance, very refreshing and stays with you a little while after the shave.
To be honest I prefer a little tallow in my soap but for a glycerin-only soap SS is pretty damn fine.
Thank's for that , not one I have come across before , they look interesting and worthy of a sample puck I think .

Was hoping the Prof had returned to making his shaving products. Im running very low on some of his post shaving balm which is the best I've ever tried. Such a shame he's not selling anymore.

Hi Guys, a few years ago I became overwhelmed with orders and found myself working around 80 hours a week on the shaving business plus my normal job. In the end it all got too much and I had a sort of breakdown. The quacks ordered complete rest, and that's what I've been doing ever since. I do intend to start the business up again, but I won't let it get as big as it did before, I intend to sell only on shaving forums, and not on Amazon or ebay. Sorry for just disappearing so suddenly like that, I hope you will understand. I am 62 now, and just don't need the hassle.

Hi Guys, a few years ago I became overwhelmed with orders and found myself working around 80 hours a week on the shaving business plus my normal job. In the end it all got too much and I had a sort of breakdown. The quacks ordered complete rest, and that's what I've been doing ever since. I do intend to start the business up again, but I won't let it get as big as it did before, I intend to sell only on shaving forums, and not on Amazon or ebay. Sorry for just disappearing so suddenly like that, I hope you will understand. I am 62 now, and just don't need the hassle.
Good to hear from you! That custom tobacco aftershave was one of my top scents.
Will be great if you manage a little comeback.

Good to see you back again. Sounds like you had a rough time; take care of yourself. I thought your grapewood soap was top notch.

Back
Top Bottom