Rapira Blades

Ok so I bought some Rapira super stainless blades, which are good for me. However I see that there are Rapira Platinum Lux and Rapira Swedish Supersteel, and wondered is it actually just the same blade packaged differently or is one better than the others?

I can only say that I like the Platinum Lux blades better than the super stainless blades. Not sure if the difference is in the coatings only, or if the steel is different as well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tried the pink/blue ones & loved em,
A timely prompt. I've had an unopened pack of these sitting around for about 10 months. As I'm due a blade change tomorrow, it's time to give them a go.

To date, I've used and enjoyed (enough to buy 100) the Swedes, but the Platinum Lux always seemed a little tuggy to me. YMMV of course.

I'd say there were differences - for me the Rapira Super Stainless (Pink/Blue Pack) is a little harsh. The Ladas are great for clearing a couple days growth and the Swedes I really get along with.

But then I love Supermax Blue Diamond so what do I know:)

I've had good luck with the P-Lux's. Recently I started using the Rapira Stainless Steel Chrome which I find to also be a very good blade. I use it mostly in my Rockets.

Personally I love the Swedish SS. They perform pretty well in any razor...

I agree that they are the best of the lot, however I will put on the 'hair shirt' here just to state that for what amounts to a few pennies more one can buy either of the entry level Gillette blades, the Astra SP or Sputnik, which are far better blades IMO. For that matter the dirt cheap Lord Platinum is better as well. Of course, that's just this shaver's opinion after trying them all. YMMV.

... just to state that for what amounts to a few pennies more one can buy either of the entry level Gillette blades, the Astra SP or Sputnik, which are far better blades IMO.
YMMV indeed, as you say, since both the green and blue Astras do nothing for me; I find them harsh and uncomfortable. Rapiras on the other hand, especially the Platinum Lux, are great blades for me.

Because all of the variables involved, I think rating blades is a very subjective thing. Recommending them to others is even more tricky.

...just to reinforce that YMMV does apply with blades...after spending some time with each of the blade brands produced by Moscow's Mostochlegmash plant, the Rapira Swedish Supersteel were the clear winners for me; the exact opposite of Nick. The Rapira Swedish Supersteel is a comfortable medium sharp blade on par for me with the Shark Super Stainless from Lord's Alexandria plant...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom