Razor Roll question

Almost finished my first go at a razor roll. A slight miscalculation on my part means that it now holds 6 instead of the intended 7. I'm still working on ideas for the closing it will more than likely be a wrap around strap with a Sam browne stud though. I've got 16 razors and the longest razor I have is a revisor at 170mm (2nd from left) this fits OK do you think I should make these rolls to accommodate longer razors or are most razors going to be around this size or less?

c7zAWEu.jpg

814RfqB.jpg

MhNykHH.jpg

Almost finished my first go at a razor roll. A slight miscalculation on my part means that it now holds 6 instead of the intended 7. I'm still working on ideas for the closing it will more than likely be a wrap around strap with a Sam browne stud though. I've got 16 razors and the longest razor I have is a revisor at 170mm (2nd from left) this fits OK do you think I should make these rolls to accommodate longer razors or are most razors going to be around this size or less?

c7zAWEu.jpg

814RfqB.jpg

MhNykHH.jpg
Nice work :) P.

Finished this now and even if I say so myself I think it has turned out ok. Made with 2 mm veg tan and lined with pig skin, the pockets and flap are 1.5mm veg tan so it quite a solid construction. I started out intending to do a simple unlined roll but got a bit carried away and ended up creating quite a bit of work by lining it which meant I had to stitch all the way around instead of just the pockets. Going to try a simpler one next to see how I feel about that one. Got a few tweaks in mind for the next one other than the obvious do 7 pockets next time J

82YJCrF.jpg

PtBimPv.jpg

PtBimPv.jpg

UlYcVqV.jpg

dzV26q1.jpg

FzTuUfA.jpg

Finished this now and even if I say so myself I think it has turned out ok. Made with 2 mm veg tan and lined with pig skin, the pockets and flap are 1.5mm veg tan so it quite a solid construction. I started out intending to do a simple unlined roll but got a bit carried away and ended up creating quite a bit of work by lining it which meant I had to stitch all the way around instead of just the pockets. Going to try a simpler one next to see how I feel about that one. Got a few tweaks in mind for the next one other than the obvious do 7 pockets next time J

82YJCrF.jpg

PtBimPv.jpg

PtBimPv.jpg

UlYcVqV.jpg

dzV26q1.jpg

FzTuUfA.jpg
Fantastic work!

Really nice job! My wife makes them in fabric as she doesn't have a sewing machine that can handle leather.
Thanks, Yea a sewing machine would be much quicker, this took me a good 2 + hours to handstitch which is actually the bit I enjoy the most. Worst bit is burnishing the edges by hand but hopefully that will get easier as I'm getting a burnisher for my bench grinder so if that works OK that will save me quite a bit of time.

When is it going in the BST area?
Not 100% sure if it is yet, I probably will do it but I'm busy with some travel cases for DE razors at the moment once I have them done I'm going to do another roll. I'll see how that goes then decide if I want to do some more for BST. If I do it may only be a couple as the dyeing the leather conditioning it, hand stitching etc means there is probably about 5+ hours of work add to that the price of the leather and pig skin liner which would have to be reflected in the price, and I'm reluctant to get into doing higher priced items.

Back
Top Bottom