Schick E 2

I recently got a sweetheart buy on a cased mint Schick E 2 injector as I was curious to try an E Model due to all the lore by seasoned injector users. Finding an E 1 is about as difficult as finding a Liberal politician willing to cut Welfare. :rolleyes:;) Regardless, I am only one shave in and somewhat perplexed. Yes, it seems a tad more aggressive than a G Model, but using a new Japanese Pro-Line blade on two days growth I actually felt what to my handsome face was "chattering". :eek:o_O:oops: My prep was stellar, i.e., hot shower, face scrub & loads of lather time. It did cross my mind that fiddling with the blade I just may have blunted it. Perhaps, yet I am not sure. So, I switched that very blade into my trusty Model M adj. to see how it works there as the Pro-Line shines like a diamond in that particular model. I have since loaded a Plain Jane "Chick" blade into the E 2 and will try it in the AM on two & one half days growth. We shall see. :)

Last edited:
...Do you find that you prefer your Schick adjustable to your G1?

Yes, as at least for my face & hand the adjustable set on '5' is the perfect shave combo. The G 1, while a nifty and intuitive shaver, requires that I pay closer attention and use a lighter hand which is alright occasionally, but too much like "surgery" oft times. I only require a DFS that will pass muster and which leaves no irritation and especially no ingrown hairs. ;)

Yes, as at least for my face & hand the adjustable set on '5' is the perfect shave combo. The G 1, while a nifty and intuitive shaver, requires that I pay closer attention and use a lighter hand which is alright occasionally, but too much like "surgery" oft times. I only require a DFS that will pass muster and which leaves no irritation and especially no ingrown hairs. ;)
Very cool! I am lucky enough to be next on the list for the pass around... Really looking forward to giving it a shot!

Well, the verdict is in: I obviously had somehow blunted the Pro-Line blade while fiddle farting around with it while loading. :oops: One swipe with it loaded into the M proved that. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, the new "Chick" blade in the E 2 was simply a dream!! Yes, it is as many have stated in that it's a tad more aggressive than a G Model, but boy howdy is she smooootthhhh!! :eek::D I used the top tier Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte shave soap and the razor damn near felt like it was coasting!! It went through 2 1/2 days growth like a fat kid with a doughnut!! I know that efficient is an overused word on the forums, but this lil' puppy has it in spades!!

I will however add one caveat in that the aforementioned soap is simply on another level IMO and aids & abets shaving like few others. These goat milk (insert obscure mammal) tallow soaps are incredible. Holy cow, what a shave!! ;):)

I actually compared it SxS today with a G 1 Model and fellas I have to be frank in that other than horizontal lines on the safety bar of the latter I can see zero difference in blade gap or other factors other than the spring mounting & tab. A case of mass belief and false consensus? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom