Single edge blades

Blades that go in Hawk, General, Ikon, Cobra, El Jefe razors. from Kai and Feather. As far as I can work out are manufactured in Japan and are for use in straight razors that hold these blades. The original idea was they be used by professional barbers to shave their customers. Essentially high end shavettes if you like.

The razors like the Hawk etc are made in the west by companies who don't have any connections to the blade manufacturers. I'm not sure the blade manufacturers ever though that these blades could be used in a safety razor.

Does anyone know who it was that first had the idea that using them in safety razors would work very well.?Did they design and produce it themselves or did they enlist the services of others?

I have the feeling that these razors have a relatively short history. Does anyone know it?

I believe that the first attempt at using the blade in a single edge razor, was made by Classic Shaving in USA who designed the Cobra Razor to take the Blade. This Razor is well thought of and is now a Collectors Item. They followed it up with production of the King Cobra which is still available.
Production of the Cobra/ King Cobra was limited and quality varied.

A more widely available SE Razor was the Mongoose, which held say in the market till around 2016, when others jumped on the Bandwagon. One called the Claymore was made in Scotland in limited numbers . As a matter of interest there is a smaller Schick Proline AC blade similar in size to an Injector blade. I think it may have been UK forum members, who tried it out with success in Injector Razors.

As @mpf9ret Å¡to te, Cobra was first razor designed for AC blades. But brzo se that, AS i know, some people used AC blade in their injector razors. Of course, they need to cut down first.

Schick Proline B20 are great blades, but you must be carefull, beacouse they don't fit right in all injectors.

Poslano sa mog SM-A600FN koristeći Tapatalk

As @mpf9ret Å¡to te, Cobra was first razor designed for AC blades. But brzo se that, AS i know, some people used AC blade in their injector razors. Of course, they need to cut down first.

Schick Proline B20 are great blades, but you must be carefull, beacouse they don't fit right in all injectors.

I have a Schick type J Injector razor, the Proline B20 work very well though you need to transfer them to a cartridge with a key to load them.

I have a Hawk which I use with a Schick Proline P-30, it gives me some of the best shaves I've ever had.
Schick injectors go back to the 1920's. Does anyone know when Classic Shaving started making razors for AC blades?

I belive 2009. they made Cobra and 2014. they made King Cobra.

My favorite AC razor is alu The General, brass version is also great. I try few of them (ATT, Mongoose...), but this two are the best for me.

I only got my Hawk V2 a month ago as I was wanting to try out SE shaving. Absolutely fantastic razor.

I'm keeping my eye out for a Claymore or similar as I'm desperate to try a SE with a good bit of weight behind it. Suppose I could try a heavier handle on my Hawk.....[emoji2371]

I bought one of these and it's a great match for the colour and it also adds a nice weight to the head.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yaqi-Mat...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Dave.

Suppose I could try a heavier handle on my Hawk.....
emoji2371.png

And it works. The supplied handle is not up to much but change the handle and it changes the razor with the Hawk

Back
Top Bottom