Soap rotations

After much staring at the piles of soap I have sitting here, I've been thinking what others do in terms of rotating soaps or sticking to a soap for a certain amount of time.

I know some use a soap from start to finish but even a month is too long for me.

So tell me what your rotation technique is or do you just grab a soap at random and change it every day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just finished MWF that I started in Jan 2018, so about 400shaves or so.
At the end I just wanted it finished so I tossed the last bit in the tub. Good soap though.
Going to go back to creams so I finish them quicker.

I usually choose one for the week at least, change it when I change my blade. I've been using my current soap for over a month though, I was about to switch then I caught a cold, so seemed like there was no point as I couldn't smell anything :(

I use whatever suits the moment, changing each day - an OSP Neroli gets more use in summer, whereas Tabac seems to get reached for on a colder day. Palmolive Stick when I need top performance but fancy a smell that reminds me of a damp 1960's office building with vinyl flooring.

My process goes completely against personal experience - on holidays I use the soap I have selected for the trip for the whole 7-14 days. At the end of the trip, I have that soap singing in terms of lathering and all round performance.

So, do whatever you think is best, or even what you don't think is best.

I use only 2 soaps on alternate days..and reckon this makes them at their best. It seems to me that soaps are best when used continuously. I reckon this is why some soaps don't lather well if you use them only occasionally.

I use only 2 soaps on alternate days..and reckon this makes them at their best. It seems to me that soaps are best when used continuously. I reckon this is why some soaps don't lather well if you use them only occasionally.

That's an interesting thought. I have before chosen 4 soaps to use for the month but then that became 6 for the month and then I just ended up going back to using what I fancied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom