SOTD : Saturday 22nd September - Friday 28th September. 2018.

SOTD : 22nd September 2018.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Cool shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Glycerine Soap./Bloom Water.

Brush: Omega ~11047 "Mixed Midget".

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Tabac

Blade: Personna~ Gem PTFE coated.(3)

Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (USA)

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Benjamins ~ Mentholated Bay Rum A/S Splash.

Morrisons ~ Aloe Moisture Lotion.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...I haven't used the Tabac soap for quite a while, and forgot how good this old school classic can perform, after a hot water bloom it provided me with a wonderful slick protective lather, i also forgot this is a very thristy soap and likes a good drink to be rewarded with a good lather.

The E-R 1912, provided me another very comfortable 3 pass bbs shave with no errors to report. My fondness for these remarkable vintage SE razors grows everytime i shave with one. A superb flawless shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Morrisons ~ Aloe Moisture Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth, & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Last edited:
Date: 22 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 011842 Boar 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- A&E ~ Monte Carlo
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #12
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Sunday 23rd September PM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower, Nivea Sensitive Face Wash and Proraso Sandalwood and Shea Butter (red) Pre Shave cream
Brush:- The Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- The Executive Shaving Company Natural
Bowl/Scuttle:- Bideford Pottery shaving bowl
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Fatboy / Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge (yellow)(3)
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber & Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave then Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
Fragrance:- Next Code Red EdT

8b8a820248e3d6dc7a5107a51a7b0d10.jpg

A quality shave this evening. Totally relaxing, soothing and unwinding. I've been working all day in my elderly parent's garden cutting down trees and ripping out bushes. My back and arms are a bit sore so a good shave was exactly what I needed.

A hot shower certainly found all the cuts and grazes on my arms after ripping out some thorn bushes. The amount of times I had to stop to pull out thorns as my gloves didn't make a blind bit of difference!

Onto the shave. The Proraso Red pre shave cream is really pleasant. The Sandalwood scent is obvious but not imposing. It just sets the mood. Likewise, preparing the ES Natural cream is simple. The rosemary scent is the one that I pick out easily every time. I do like this cream as it was the first I used when I started DE shaving. The lather is good and has always given me good razor glide and good slickness.

The razor and blade chose themselves. I've been spending lots of time cleaning and lubricating, lubricating and cleaning my Fatboy since I received it on Friday. The thing is gleaming and the clipper oil I've lubricated it with has all the moving parts moving like clockwork. Everything just oozes quality from this razor. I continued with the 7 O'clock yellow blade, now on its 3rd outing.

I did my usual 3 passes with nothing to report. This is what I class as a great shave.

After a final rinse and splash of Thayers, my skin felt fresh, smooth and soft. I had a good splash with Superdrug aftershave and the burn was fast and sharp. I let my skin dry off then the tiniest amount of Barts Balm was applied. The scent is lovely and helped me relax even more.

A really enjoyable shave this evening.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead! All the best.

Last edited:
Saturday Shave

Blues Soap
YaqI Chianti 24mm Synthetic
Merkur 34C HD
Astra SP (1)
Myrsol Agua Di LImon
L'oreal Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Balm
Tom Ford Black Orchid EdP

It's been a long time since I used Blues Soap and it's just how I remembered it. Easy to lather and good performance. Not the best but good for a £3 soap.
I'm not enamoured by my 34C - it's nowhere near as smooth as the 6C. It shaves ok but not my favourite.
Finishing with Myrsol LImon and Black Orchid for a day out with the Mrs

Last edited:
Pre: Warm water splash
Brush: Omega 11137 Boar
Soap: The Sudsy Soapery Uplift
Razor: Karve CB (on loan)
Blade: Gillette Nacet

IMG_20180922_102916.jpg
A couple of firsts today, the Christopher Bradley by Karve Shaving Co. and Uplift by The Sudsy Soapery.
Thanks to @Barry Giddens for letting me try this marvelous little razor, smooth, efficient, well balanced and attractive, yes I'm still talking about the KCB, now I know why it has so many fans.
When I found out one of my favourite veggie soaps had made a tallow version I had to try it, even though someone on YouTube had said it smells like Lemon Pledge. I'd describe it as a slightly less sweet, creamy Lemon Sherbet.
I really like the performance and the post shave is also excellent and even though it's definitely a summer soap, it'll see action over autumn and winter unless of course they release another scent.
Have a great weekend.

Saturday 22nd September

Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Proraso GreenTea and Oat Preshave Cream
Stirling Pumpkin Spice Soap
New Forest 2223 High Mountain Badger Brush
GEM Featherweight with a GEM SS Blade
Alum and Rinse
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Lacura Duo Lift Moisturiser for Men
Clubman Reserve Brandy Spice AS

Just a bit of a stressful shave this afternoon....but the end result was enjoyable. We are having a church blessing of our marriage next Friday and my other half is in ' tidy up the house mode'. I was on night duty last night and came home this morning to find all my shaving equipment in carrier bags....earmarked for relocation in new furniture which was delivered while I slept.

The shave used hardware and software which was easy to find and resulted in a great shave

Enjoy the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom