SOTD . SATURDAY 28th JULY - FRIDAY 3rd AUGUST 2018.

SOTD : 28th July 2018.

17.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: cool shower:/ Original Source ~ Tea Tree & Menthol
Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Nuage Men ~ Menthol Shaving Oil.

Brush: APShaving Co. ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Ingram Menthol .

Blade: Lancet ~ Super Stainless. (1)

Razor: Parker 87R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil & Menthol Crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ Cooling post Shave Balm.

Floid ~ Mentholado Vigorso A/S.

Greetings,

A new 'Menthol Themed' shave set up to start the weekend.. Maiden shave with the lancet super stainless, last of the indian made blades in my den of which i've never tried. I'll be using just one blade for my SOTD's this week.Due the abnormal heatwave the UK has been having my menthol themed shaving products have become a saviour for a cool shave and jumped to the top of the queue in my soap & shaving cream rotation.

The 87r/lancet super stainless was a excellent duo, the lancet blade felt smooth, not a aggressive blade, but at the same time efficient enough to cut through my stubble, without any tugging issues..they remind me of shark ss blade, which is another blade that i've always had a good acceptable shave with.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with generous splash of the 'Mentally Vigorous' Floid ~ Mentholado Vigoroso. A/S...Superb Cooling Stuff.:)

My face is feeling super smooth,cool & smelling devine.;)
clear.png

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

clear.png

PS: 'Remember fellow members of TSR' "it's not very nice to look like a illigitimate love-child of David Dickinson"...Keep out of the sun if it returns after the thunderstorms.

Saturday 28th July

RSC Facial Scrub and Pears Glycerine Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
P&B Spitfire Soap
Sagrada Familia 24mm Tuxedo Brush
Ikon MR-SE on a Bulldog Handle with a Proline-P
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Pinaud Special Reserve AS/Cologne

A bit of a change in the weather. Very autumnal.....so I changed my set up to suit. Three passes for billiard ball smoothness. I can spend the rest of the weekend watching the grass grow!

image.jpg

~ SOTD~

Prep ~,Shower, Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap
Razor ~ Blackland Dart (Sabre Handle)
blade ~ Gillette Rubie Stainless NOS made in London
Soap ~ Eufros Zanzibar Premum Tallow
Brush ~ SOC Taj Badger & Boar
Post Thayers / Jojoba oil
Scent ~ Saffron Aoud ~ D'Arabie

I've decided that the Sabre handle suited the Dart better than the stock handle, so it's staying.
I also decided I would use one of the wonderful NOS Gillette Rubie blades so kindly given to me by @Dobbo25 , cheers mate.
I'm loving this razor so much that I'm pairing it with everything I love the brush, the blade and the soap, I can't go wrong.
The brush soon whipped up a wonderfully creamy lather and I was soon working the lather into mu stubble, once done I set to with the razor with a light touch as that's all that is needed and I swear this is an R41 in stainless steel, joy of yoys, it really does feel like one. I never thought the R41 was an Aggressive razor I just thought it was good at what it did, YMMV
Two passes and a clean up pass and that was it, job done.
A big thank you going out to Blackland for making this Dart, you really pulled it out of the bag, I do prefer my Sabre handle though! :)
Smooth skinned and looking fab I gave myself a few sprays of Saffon Aoud bu D'Arabie, a perfect end to a perfect shave.

Have a great weekend People's.......P

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Pre: Cold water face wash,
Brush: S_J Panga Panga 26mm ST
Soap: MWF
Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Schick Proline P
IMG_20180728_083855.jpg

A great beginning to the weekend and there must've been a storm overnight because, it's a lovely cool morning with a lovely fresh breeze.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Cyril Salter French Vetiver ~ Omega 011829 ~ Mergress ~ Nacet ~ Proraso Sensitive Balm

I've not used this cream much, its a fantastic scent, anyone who enjoys MdC Vetiver will also love this. First use of the Omega Premium boar... Had no idea what to expect never having used an Omega before, the handle is lovely, the knot is set very low so I was expecting good backbone however I hadnt realised how sparse the knot would be compared to a Zenith so any backbone gained by the low loft is offset by this. In use it was very soft and whipped up a fantastic lather very quickly and held it (enough for 4 passes in fact) so much better than a Semogue in this respect but it had no backbone whatsoever which was a bit of a dissapoint, being the exact reason I just sold my SOC's. Its a nice brush but I'm not sold on it so far, a 57mm lofted Zenith provides far more backbone with much less splay, which is what I like.

I'll keep using it and see how it goes :)

51084589-_AC18-45_BE-_A542-_C81732928_F79.jpg

Oneblade Core V2
Feather FHS-10
OSP Bay Rum
YaQi 2-Band

Another run out with the Oneblade Core. Better, not quite there yet but better. Requires a bit of a learning curve, especially when compared to the fairly aggressive MÜHLE Rocca I've been using, almost solely, for quite some time. Again, it felt harmless. Slung around my cheeks and neck took 2 passes to get to a level I was comfortable with. Not wholly smooth, but beyond comfortable. Some OSP Bay Rum splash to go with it and I'm done!

Date: 28 July 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Polsilver Super Iridium #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- N/A

I cannot believe I'm still shaving because I've got man flu, and I'm still shaving, sick, bloody sick.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Saturday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: 'Jade' (Rooney Heritage 2XL Jade)
Soap: Wholly Kaw: King of Oud
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: King of Oud Aftershave Toner
Fragrance: Xerjoff Fars

‘The Rock'/GBE combo, and my favourite Wholly Kaw soap.. finished off with King of Oud Aftershave Toner, and Xerjoff Fars... I'm just going to sit back , and let this shave speak for itself....

Back
Top Bottom