SOTD : Saturday 2nd June - Friday 8th June 2018

Date: 02 June 2018 (early morning Australian shave)

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac Shaving Stick
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Astra Superior Stainless #9
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Tabac Cologne

SOTD 01 June 2018

Pre-shave - Warm shower, face wash Wright's Cold Tar Soap, followed by warm water splash.
Cream - Vitos Eucalyptus Cream.
Brush - Muhle synthetic Silvertip Fibre.
Bowl - Aesop.
Razor - iKon 104 Tech.
Blade - Perma-Sharp Super Stainless (Day 3).
Post shave - Cold water splash; OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol Splash, Aesop Moroccan Neroli Post-Shave Lotion.
Cologne - Trumpters Sandalwood.

vitos.jpg

Had a very busy week at work, unfortunately first time I have had to post this week.

A great shave today, I cannot believe its June already :)

On Wednesday SWMBO was on a late shift and was most puzzled to what why three parcels had arrived.

A Aesop shaving bowl (stainless steel - ideal for our holiday), Vitos shave cream and a OSS Bulldog handle, which I have paired with a iKon 104 Tech head.

My first shave with the iKon 104 Tech for a long, long time. I felt comfortable shaving with this beast, after feeling that I have tamed the Muhle R41. What a shave. Earlier this week I shaved with the Perma-Sharp Super Stainless (the Scottish version of this fine blade - made in Paisley with Sheffield steel :), with a Rockwell and wanted to use this in the iKon Tech as I found this to be an excellent, efficient and smooth blade,

What a trebble act - the Vitos cream, when I opened the parcel I thought the postie had delivered a slab of C4 plastic explosive! I was planning to take the Vitos on holiday - no chance given the weight and the risk of being called back for a full body cavity search! What a cream, protective, excellent cushion and glide and what a post shave feel - as every YMMV.

The star perfromer was the iKon 104 Tech - very efficent, smooth, yet there was a feeling that if you don't give the razor full concentration and resprct, it would bite.

OSP Eucalyptus and Menthol Splash to finish off, nice tingle - no burn, which gave me the feeling that I got the pressure and the angle right on the shave.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD: 2nd June 2018.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel. .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pecksniff's ~ Lemon,Cedar,Amber Cream.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap : Van Der Hagen.

Blade: Perma-Sharp Super Stainless .(1)

Razor: Jagen David B30.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./The real shaving Co. ~ Post Shave soothing Balm .

Blue Stratos ~ A/S lotion .

Greetings,

New shave set up to start the weekend. A maiden shave with the the Jagen David B30 which was kindly passed on to me last year, from a work mate who gave traditional wet shaving a try but decided it wasn't for him so he kindly passed on the B30 to me along with a few other shaving items that he was no longer going to use,which i was very grateful for.

The J.D.B30,i haven't done much research i was told by my mate that the razor was bought off Ebay to try out traditional wet shaving, little bit vague on the info, Anyway,all in all it's non-aggressive. it has a good weight the blade alignment has no issues it performs well,a good chrome finish & gives a presentable comfortable shave.What more is needed i ask?...I've advised a few of my friends to try wet shaving, but they expect instant BBS results, and revert back to the world of disposables & cartridges... Back to the shave,i was going to do a razor & blade maiden shave duo with a 'Trig Stainless Silver Edge blade' but changed my mind at the last minute, and used a perma-sharp Super Stainless blade instead.It's been a long time since i've used a Perma-sharp Super Stainless blade and forgot how smooth & sharp these blades are..This week i'm going to use 1 perma-sharp blade for all of my SOTD's, which will be a first for me as i normally use a blade twice, then it's binned.The perma-sharp for me is like the polsilver SI and normally works better on the second use, i've hand-stropped the blade before using it to remove any hidden or imaginary nasty burrs from the blade edges.

The perma-sharp blade combo paired together wonderfully, making the non-aggressive J.D. B30 assertive mowing through my stubble more effectively.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off in old school style with a generous splash of Blue Stratos ~ A/S lotion.

My face is feeling fresh super smooth, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
image.jpg ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Valbora Gylcerlanoina soap, Shower
Razor ~ Cobra Classic
Blade ~ Schick Proline P-30
Soap ~ Cyril R Salter Solid Soap ( Tallow )
Brush ~ Jagger Custom Boar
Post ~ Taylor of Old Bond Street AF Aftershave
Scent ~ Penhalligon's - Varra EDP

My first use of this lovely brush today, it is a Jagger Custom, made by @Steven_Jagger . The handle is turned Leadwood, a very heavy wood and the knot is a Proraso / Omega 27mm by 65mm, I had the knot set low in the handle so the loft is now 53mm, I wanted a heavyweight handle so lead has also been added inside the handle bringing the total weight up to 150g. The colour of the wood has a wonderful, rich and warm tone and the grain is also wonderful but difficult to see in this photo.
In use it feels like my Omega 011829 only with more weight to the handle. Thank you Steven , you did exactly as I asked of you and you did it well.

The shave, it was fantastic ! :)

Enjoy your weekend people....P.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
View attachment 35999 ~SOTD~

Prep ~ Valbora Gylcerlanoina soap, Shower
Razor ~ Cobra Classic
Blade ~ Schick Proline P-30
Soap ~ Cyril R Salter Solid Soap ( Tallow )
Brush ~ Jagger Custom Boar
Post ~ Taylor of Old Bond Street AF Aftershave
Scent ~ Penhalligon's - Varra EDP

My first use of this lovely brush today, it is a Jagger Custom made by @Steven_Jagger . The handle is turned Leadwood, a very heavy wood and the knot is a Proraso / Omega 27mm by 65mm, I had the knot set in the handle so the loft is now 53mm, I wanted a heavyweight handle so lead has also been added inside the handle bringing the total weight up to 150g. The colour of the wood is wonderful, rich and warm and the grain is also wonderful but difficult to see in this photo.
In use it feels like my Omega 011829 only with more weight to the handle. Thank you Steven , you did exactly as I asked of you and you did it well.

The shave, it was fantastic ! :)

Enjoy your weekend people....P.
That's a beautiful brush.[emoji108]I would be proud to have that in my den! [emoji106]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Today's shave:

rdt180602.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Himalaya
- MÜHLE 23mm STF
- Maggard MR1 CCv2 with Sputnik blade
- Speick aftershave lotion

:D

This soap reminds me a lot of my parents' garden, which features several Rhododendron bushes. Some of them are up to five meters in height and a spectacular sight when in full bloom around this time of year; a giant wall of blossoms. The soap scent is primarily flowery, with a few spicey bits to add depth. Very soothing and enjoyable, strong but not overpowering. It has quickly become one of my absolute favourites!

8MjyL2eq_o.jpeg

Omega 10051
Rockwell 6S
Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica
Alum Block & Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica Aftershave

Been a little while since I used SV and it was wonderful, never fails me in terms of performance, certainly a top tier product. Really enjoy the scent of it as well. The brush is breaking in nicely, lost about 4 hairs total but given the inexpensive price it is to be expected. I am really enjoying this blade and razor combination, never been a big fan of Personna blades but it seems everything works when thrown in the Rockwell.

Back
Top Bottom