SOTD: Saturday 2th - Friday 8th March 2019

SOTD : 2nd March 2019.

16.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ RightGuard ~ Energy Burst Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face & head.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Fine ~ 24mm Synthetic.

Face & Head Lather.

Soap : Fine ~ Fresh Vetiver

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue. (1)

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium Classic.

Cold Water Head & Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Old Spice ~ Classique ASL.

Wilco ~ Men's Afterhave Balm.

Greetings,

Face & Head Shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend..Last week i had a 'Vintage SE Razors week theme', this week i've followed on with a 'Modern Vintage DE Razors week theme, starting the weekend off with relaxing early morning face & head shave with my christmas gift neo-vintage the new W.S. TTO premium classic razor, which i intend to add more often to my SOTD set ups, paired together with the gillette silver blue was a another superb match giving this non-aggressive TTO razor a smooth efficient edge, i wasn't sure if the Wilkinson Sword Premium Classic razor was the right choice for head shaving but it performed wonderfully resulting in a very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilco ~ Men's Afterhave Balm.

My face & head are super smooth & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Today's shave:

rdt19030287jb4.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Beaudelaire (Excelsior)
- Maggard "Green Haze" 2-Band
- Gillette Fat Handle Gold Tech with ASP blade
- Brut Original aftershave

:D

I remain rather underwhelmed by the Excelsior base. After a few uses between Vespers and Beaudelaire, I'm still not done dialling it in yet. If I follow my usual routine which works for most soaps, I end up with a lather consistency resembling Nutella on toast. The answer appears to be to use both way less product and more water, but the sweet spot keeps eluding me. It is more comfortable to use than Reserve, though. For me, Glissant is head and shoulders above both; I can lather that one up to perfection with ease in complete darkness if necessary. (Disclaimer: I bowl lather exclusively.) One thing Excelsior does better is the post-shave quality; my face feels positively soft and freshly balmed for quite a while. (Or maybe I still use too much product?)

Saturday 2nd March

Nobel Otter Flying Hide
APShave Co. 24mm SynBad
Pils 101NE
Vintage Gillette Super Silver
Humphreys Witch Hazel
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Leather EDC

After seeing a fair bit of love for APShave Co. brushes on here curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the trigger. It arrived from Canada in less than a week with a nice hand written thank you card. My experiences with synthetic brushes have been a bit meh up to now. But the SynBad has changed my opinion. More than enough backbone, plenty of splay, and lathering, even with my manky water, was a doddle. I'm very impressed. But of course, I'm now looking at their SilkSmoke knots. Is the rabbit hole bottomless? Have a great weekend gents.773BCC96-EB69-4C04-B7B8-F6864ECBBCF9.jpeg

5QwIuBa.jpg

QI6Qp6G.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:D

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
NOS F.W. Engels Trade Solingen Fulll Hollow 6/8th ( Freshly Honed )
Fitchrd Pure Badger
Monsavon Bol Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Just had a Cracking Maiden Shave This Morning with My Newly Acquired NOS F.W Engels Solingen 6/8th..An Impeccable Factory Grind this SR & its an Impeccable Shaver..A Very Keen Edge & Super Smooth on the Skin..A Top Shelf Shaver..This is a Well Built Razor & the Fancy Scales are Quite Heavy..Its a Keeper for Sure...:p

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:cool:

Billy

Saturday 2nd March

YaqI Tuxedo 24mm
Truefitt & Hill No10
Ikon 102/Bulldog
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Dior Eau Sauvage ASL

Good shave today. Unusually for me I had a 3 pass shave instead of my usual WTG/ATG.
No10 always delivers, and imo beyond its price point.
Finished with Eau Sauvage

Enjoy you weekend all

Today's shave:

rdt19030287jb4.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Beaudelaire (Excelsior)
- Maggard "Green Haze" 2-Band
- Gillette Fat Handle Gold Tech with ASP blade
- Brut Original aftershave

:D

I remain rather underwhelmed by the Excelsior base. After a few uses between Vespers and Beaudelaire, I'm still not done dialling it in yet. If I follow my usual routine which works for most soaps, I end up with a lather consistency resembling Nutella on toast. The answer appears to be to use both way less product and more water, but the sweet spot keeps eluding me. It is more comfortable to use than Reserve, though. For me, Glissant is head and shoulders above both; I can lather that one up to perfection with ease in complete darkness if necessary. (Disclaimer: I bowl lather exclusively.) One thing Excelsior does better is the post-shave quality; my face feels positively soft and freshly balmed for quite a while. (Or maybe I still use too much product?)
A little goes a long way, but the new Excelsior formulation can take a tremendous amount of water.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom