SOTD : Saturday 5th May - Friday 11th May 2018.

SOTD: 5th May 2018.
21.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Cool Kick Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: omega 10049 .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Arko ~ Fresh

Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock ~ Sharp-Edge .(1)

Razor: Schmidt R10.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Arko ~ Fresh A/S Balm

Arko~ Cool Cologne.

Greetings,

Up with the larks, another early morning start for me yet again,needs must... but at least i don't have to work the bank holiday.

A new shave set up to start the weekend.as mentioned i've kept to my word and added the omega 10049 & the schmidt R10 to start my weekend shave off along with a few other items i haven't used for a considerable amount of time.

When the omega 10049 brush was passed on to me, i'll admit i was put off,and slightly intimidated by it's size compared to my omega 10077, and thought it would be a 'Lather Monster'and be quite difficult to create a good lather, how wrong i was, after i gave her a good 10 minute soaking in warm water,i done a few practice hand ,bowl & face latherings yesterday evening using a arko shave stick, my negative thoughts disappeared and found this 'Voluptuous Italian Lady' is a superb all round brush which is a pleasure to use.

The schmidt R10 razor has a good hefty-weight i find it mid-range aggression, it reminds me of my muhle R89 /Merkur 34c hd in someways, with a slightly more efficient bite to it..all in all, a great heavy weight razor. Both the brush & razor are another wonderful addition to my sotd set-ups, which will be appearing more frequently in the sotd's in the future...what a superb duo.

The arko fresh created a wonderful lather for the shave.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Arko ~ cool cologne, the fragrance is wonderful, but is very short lived, while it lasts though, it's superb..'a great inexpensive everyday cologne'which serves it's purpose very well indeed.

My face is feeling cool, super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
rWtKBfq.jpg

Filarmonica DT 14
Maseto 2-band
Yardley Shaving Soap
Yardley After Shaving Lotion

SOTD: 5th May 2018.
View attachment 35311

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Cool Kick Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: omega 10049 .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Arko ~ Fresh

Blade: Gillette 7o'Clock ~ Sharp-Edge .(1)

Razor: Schmidt R10.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Arko ~ Fresh A/S Balm

Arko~ Cool Cologne.

Greetings,

Up with the larks, another early morning start for me yet again,needs must... but at least i don't have to work the bank holiday.

A new shave set up to start the weekend.as mentioned i've kept to my word and added the omega 10049 & the schmidt R10 to start the my weekend shave off along with a few other items i haven't used for a considerable amount of time.

When the omega 10049 brush was passed on to me, i'll admit i was put off,and slightly intimidated by it's size compared to my omega 10077, and thought it would be a 'Lather Monster'and be quite difficult to create a good lather, how wrong i was, after i gave her a good 10 minute soaking in warm water,i done a few practice hand ,bowl & face latherings yesterday evening using a arko shave stick, my negative thoughts disappeared and found this 'Voluptuous Italian Lady' is a superb all round brush which is a pleasure to use.

The schmidt R10 razor has good hefty-weight i find it mid-range aggression, it reminds me of my muhle R89 /Merkur 34c hd in someways, with a slightly more efficient bite to it..all in all, a great heavy weight razor. Both the brush & razor are another wonderful addition to my sotd set-ups, which will be appearing more frequently in the sotd's in the future...what a superb duo.

The arko fresh created a wonderful lather for the shave.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Arko ~ cool cologne, the fragrance is wonderful, but is very short lived, while it lasts though, it's superb..'a great inexpensive everyday cologne'which serves it's purpose very well indeed.

My face is feeling cool, super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
Love your content and the format mate. Always a good read.

Razor - Feather AC SS
Blade - Feather Pro
Brush - The Duke 3 Best
Cream - Lea
Post - Thayers Rose Petal ,BBA Post Shave Balm
Aftershave - Old Spice

First shave with the Feather SS and cut myself with the first downward swipe of the razor .Not being put off with the red stuff trickling down the side of my face I carried on with the shave .Nice smooth finish on the cheeks,tash/chin I'll definitely need more practice with,my neck,like my old school report card always said.....could do better.
8455EE32-FB0C-4699-BD86-46EB9FD2592B.jpeg
No irritation.....bonus!!!!

Have a good weekend gentlemen

Morning shave

BBA Face Wash
P&B Citra Royale
Chubby 2 Best Badger
Ever-Ready 1912
Gem (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Myrsol Agua de Limon Aftershave
Dior Eau Sauvage EDT

I don't quite feel the same love for vintage SE razors as some of you gents do. It may be because I'm still relatively new to traditional shaving. But I must say, that was an exceptional shave. Enjoy the weekend chaps.

Date: 05 May 2018

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Castle Forbes Lime
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C (R4) / Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge #7
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer

I wish there was a quicker way to get the bloody painting done, all I could think of was Mr Bean and I don't have any firecrackers

Sat 5th May

Omega 11126 boar
L~Occitane Cade soap
Ever Ready 1912- Bathroom Set
Gem S/S [ 4 ]
Piralon Polar A/S Lotion

I have recently developed a liking for the ER 1912, having discovered that the later versions such as the Bathroom/Peerless sets actually shave very smoothly and are quite forgiving. My first experiences were not good and I really learnt in my early SE days to shave with a Streamline which became a favourite.

Today I had a lovely relaxed Shave, using the mantra - no rush with a light touch and no pressure. I was rewarded with a very comfortable Shave with a close all round finish. I find that a Shave with a 1912 takes a little longer than with the 1914/1924 but that extra time has its reward.

IMG_0079.jpg

Last edited:
Morning shave

BBA Face Wash
P&B Citra Royale
Chubby 2 Best Badger
Ever-Ready 1912
Gem (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
Myrsol Agua de Limon Aftershave
Dior Eau Sauvage EDT

I don't quite feel the same love for vintage SE razors as some of you gents do. It may be because I'm still relatively new to traditional shaving. But I must say, that was an exceptional shave. Enjoy the weekend chaps.
Barry,
Should get better after initial harshness of the blade wears off. An SE shave is one not to be rushed, not good. if you are in a hurry to go to work. See you are still liking the Brass General, I never bothered getting the S/S version as I was getting on well with my Mongoose & ATT SE.
By the way weather in your area was Atrocious last weekend. Was at Lee Valley and nearly froze.
Mike B

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom