Stainless Steel Curious

After a few newbie purchases, I have managed to avoid the traditional rad.

That said, I am thinking about a stainless steel razor as my last purchase. Are the items advertised on a certain Chinese market the real deal, or best avoided?

I would perhaps be looking for a stainless steel adjustable, and wonder what my choice might be, how much I would have to pay, and if anyone here has either experience with a particular model, or wants to sell one?

Thanks

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I'd stay away from the 'Chinese razor' websites.
A stainless steel razor won't guarantee a superior shave.
If you're specifically after an adjustable, you'd need to go a long way to beat a Gillette slim/ Fatboy( provided you get one in good nick).
A good modern alternative is the Merkur Progress.
@ajh101

There are only 2 adjustable SS actually available to buy: the Rocnel Sailor and the Rex Ambassador. The sailor was recently available at Bullgoose for $399 (plus import tax and VAT). It is now sold out. The Rex is the only SS readily available and costs $249. I think it's available in the UK for £185 but can't remember what website.

I had an email recently (October 2019) from Bullgoose to advise that the Rocnel Sailor Adjustable 2019 version will be coming out in about December. It is a thing of beauty, as well as expense.

I use ATT R1. It gives very close and extremely comfortable shaves. It is very well made. Impossible to mis align blades, the bottom plate just drops into place with a reassuring click.

Back
Top Bottom