Superdrug - Palmolive shave stick

clearly going out of production, stock up on as many as possible as soon as you can ;)
Oh flip, its going out of production for years[emoji6]

If SD stop stockings the green lipstick my local branch would not be taking part as they never stocked it to start with.

On the other hand if you need some excellent Forest fresh asl and that fantastic Nivea 2 phase balmftershave its always on offer next to the goodness which is Ingram.

Oh ye and own brand twin blades.

I picked up 4 Palmolive Shave Sticks from local store for 19p each
One for myself and three for my son, it's his favourite soap
He read somewhere that the Palmolive brand has been sold on. I have no idea if there is any truth in this.

Good spot, potentially correct... The ingredient lists are the same apart from each companies additive of choice (Palmolive has Elaeis Guineensis Oil, Speick has Valeriana Celtica Extract & Wilkinson Sword has Lanolin.)

Greetings

They certainly (IMHO) do not perform the same, the Palmolive and the Speick are for me way out in front of the Wilkinson Sword stick in all the usual attributes. The Wilkinson stick is perfectly decent shaving soap and head and shoulders ahead of its non tallow relation in the notorious blue bowl but an also ran compared with the first two, but it is certainly true that whilst the scents are worlds apart the performance of Palmolive and Speick are very similar indeed.

We have in the past been concerned that another old classic was about to bite the dust but in the end it did not, my local Tesco's which is only one of the 'medium' sized stores pulled it and sold off all the stock very cheap about three years ago and shortly afterwards pulled DE blades and Wilkinson shaving brushes and the blue bowls and even the Palmolive cream leaving no traditional shaving items whatsoever. Having said all that have we not only recently discussed the 'trend' of reformulating tallow products to veggie so one can never be sure and in the case of Speick, they have a reputation for 'natural' plant products, their shave stick stands out in isolation in their entire cosmetic range.

Regards
Dick.

Well I did say potentially ;)

I've only used the Palmolive and Speick, finding them similar to each other and not a million miles away from Tabac also... The German soaps do have a particularly dense lather signature.

I also wonder for how long the Speick stick will retain its tallow... I raised the question myself on the Haslinger reforumulation thread, Speick's founder Walter Rau was a student of Rudolf Steiner who was something of a militant vegetarian... Try finding an animal ingredient in a product of Steiner's own brand Weleda!

Back
Top Bottom