The Karve Has Landed

Gentlemen
My Karve OC arrived yesterday and I very quickly opened the packaging to reveal a really good looking and wonderfully machined razor. I went with the "D" base and the 3.5" handle. Weighs in at 118 grams and has a very nicely knurled grip area.
So today, I put in a new Feather, lathered up and went to work. I can tell you this is a VERY efficient razor. I doubt I'd ever go past this base for me. Very manoeuvrable and easy to shave with. I managed to give myself a couple of weepers but that was mainly due to a fight I had using my Cooper with a Merkur blade a couple of days ago.
The fit and finish are excellent plus the pricing for what you get is also excellent. I've got a "C' base and cap coming as well, I want to pair them up with a Charcoal Goods "Vertigo" handle also in brass.
If you're looking for a really good shaver at an excellent price for what you're getting in quality the Karve razor line should be something for you to look into.417484174941750

I live next door in Sask. So there's that. I also have a Tatara Masamune which is now approaching 4 weeks on order. That's coming from Portugal.

Magnificent piece of brass!

How would you rate it's aggressiveness on D plate?

I've been trying to find a comparison for Karve's OC VS Fatip Piccolo. I really like the way Piccolo shaves but I'm after something higher quality.

I've been trying to find a comparison for Karve's OC VS Fatip Piccolo. I really like the way Piccolo shaves but I'm after something higher quality.

I had the same dilemma. Love the wee Fatip Picollo (I bought the Special Edition set, and it has both Gentile and OC base plates. The OC is the bees knees!). The SE set has Mk2 heads (so 'meant' to be better quality), but still much the same as Mk1. They are slightly better made, and not so ragged but still can't just drop in a blade and go for it. Takes a few extra seconds to get the blade aligned.
So, I bought a Timeless (Stainless steel). It's the polished OC, .95 base with straight cap (not scalloped).
I had a Karve on order but have cancelled that.
The Timeless is a beauty, love it. Smooth close shave, and looks stunning too.
Went to Timeless 'Returns' and also bought a SS stand and the .68 base too (both polished of course).
All up was a good price and I'm happy as a clam.
Just a thought, but maybe check out the Timeless too. They do a Bronze model if your heart is set on that, but SS is nice and looks great too.

I bought a Timeless (Stainless steel). It's the polished OC, .95 base with straight cap (not scalloped). I had a Karve on order but have cancelled that.
The Timeless is a beauty, love it. Smooth close shave, and looks stunning too.

I thought a Timeless OC 0.95 would be my answer, but regrettably it was not. Just a little too smooth, not enough blade feel and not as efficient as my R41. So for me I'd need a head that goes beyond the Timeless into R41 territory. That sounds like the E and F OC plates in Karve.

Well, as I said I wouldn't go past this base for myself. I use My Futur on 4-6, I have a Cooper Monobilt which is pretty aggressive and my timeless bronze OC 78. as well as other razors.

I've just ordered Karve OC D Plate. Hoping it won't be too aggresive!

Blade exposure seems identical on D plate and Fatip but Karve has more blade gap, so we'll see.

Been waiting for mine for 7 weeks, contacted Karve 3 times without any reply, I'm very disappoint in Karve customer services
That's kinda
That's unlike them. I've received excellent service so far. Have you tried by phone? Did they give you a tracking Number? It could just be the mails although 7b weeks sounds excessive.

Back
Top Bottom