Tom Hardy in Taboo

I have watched the first episode and am hesitant to make a final judgment as most TV is pure garbage nowadays. As one reviewer says:

...Taboo is set in London in 1814 — a fetid mess so dank, you can practically smell it. Clearly, this is not Jane Austen's Georgian England, as evidenced by a showy, self-conscious use of profanity that ranges from offensive to distracting.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/01/09/review-fx-taboo-tom-hardy-robert-bianco/96237540/

Nonetheless, it's better than most of the crap out there so I'll probably watch it to completion.

Ah, reminds me that I set my Tivo to record this.

I rather like Tom Hardy. I saw him in The Drop recently. An absolutely superb film that flew under the radar when it was released in 2014, despite it being the last film in which James Gandolphini appeared.

I've seen the whole series a few weeks ago and it's fair to say that it's pretty good. At first I didn't really like Hardy's shaman-like character, but the East India company depicted as a 19th century Evil corp/CIA is rather original.

Me too, as did the Mrs. although she will watch anything if Tom Hardy's in it.
^ This. Though I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed him as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises and Max in Mad Max. I've been meaning to watch Legend as well, but seeing as the OH and I are into our box sets right now, we'll probably put this on our list! :D

^ This. Though I have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed him as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises and Max in Mad Max. I've been meaning to watch Legend as well, but seeing as the OH and I are into our box sets right now, we'll probably put this on our list! :D

Legend is great. I was a bit disappointed with Mad Max, the effects were good, and I enjoyed that most of them were physical and not CGI but the storyline was non-existent.

Legend is great. I was a bit disappointed with Mad Max, the effects were good, and I enjoyed that most of them were physical and not CGI but the storyline was non-existent.
I found it an interesting one - the idea that a place is bleak enough to escape, with no real 'comfort' anywhere else, only to realise that where they came from could be the best place? It seemed like a decent enough storyline to me with the exception of the non-ending. Agreed though the effect of it was amazing.
Mad-Max-Storm.png

Back
Top Bottom