Was vintage Yardley aftershave and cologne expensive back in the day? (50s 60s etc)

Hi chaps

Anyone on here know if Vintage Yardley AS and cologne was expensive back when it was current? Was it a premium brand, quality ingredients etc?

I know a lot of people on here rave about the soap so I bought a Black Label shaving soap the other day. I've also just recently scored a huge bottle of Eau de Cologne, it's got to be 175ml or 200ml perhaps, and smells really nice! I spotted the matching aftershave on Ebay yesterday too so that's on it's way also - again i'm hoping it's a huge bottle!

I'll post some pics of the three items together once I receive the AS.

I think I could really get into these Yardley products!

It was cheap as chips, about 50p for 10 gallons :) My Dad wore it all the time. My bothers and I always bought him a bottle of something expensive from duty free when returning back from our travels. When my Dad passed away, we found most of the expensive bottles stashed away, unopened, at the back on his wardrobe.

Lol, that's a shame, I had romantic notions of a really expensive premium product! :D Smells bloody lovely though, so no surprise the expensive stuff was shoved to the back haha!!

Google the adverts, then enter the prices in an inflation calculator. Yardley had different products in the USA as it was a different company. This is now again the situation.

Hi chaps

Anyone on here know if Vintage Yardley AS and cologne was expensive back when it was current? Was it a premium brand, quality ingredients etc?

I know a lot of people on here rave about the soap so I bought a Black Label shaving soap the other day. I've also just recently scored a huge bottle of Eau de Cologne, it's got to be 175ml or 200ml perhaps, and smells really nice! I spotted the matching aftershave on Ebay yesterday too so that's on it's way also - again i'm hoping it's a huge bottle!

I'll post some pics of the three items together once I receive the AS.

I think I could really get into these Yardley products!
Photo's or didn't happen :).

Far as I recall it was dearer than Woolworths own brand ( Sabre ) but not quite as dear as Old Spice. Always seemed to have a generically ' soapy ' scent to me here in the UK.

JohnnyO. o/

Back
Top Bottom