What’s your ultimate/favourite shave cream of all time and why?

Out of the handful of creams I've tried, I'm currently on a large tub of Truefitt & Hill ‘Ultimate Comfort.' Looks like it will last ages. Only thing to note is that it's labelled as ‘unscented' yet actually has a mild lavender scent. It lathers well and the razor glides through it well, and the smell is mild but pleasant. Not sure what more you'd want in a cream than that, really

If croaps count - cream in a tub - then Gentleman's Shaving Club Caribbean Lime. No croaps are anywhere near my best artisan soaps, but this is good value and has a nice fresh lime scent. I would avoid Tabac like the plague - horrible synthetic smelling stuff.

If croaps count - cream in a tub - then Gentleman's Shaving Club Caribbean Lime.

Cream pretty much does come in a tub by default, apart from when it's in a tube of course! I thought a croap was something (that's) kind of in between a soap and a cream. Is that what it is?

There is a whole thread about this in the creams forum, but the GFCC Lime scent is very slight, in other words barely there at all. It's a decent enough cream for the money though

I have never met any cream as good as OSP when it comes down to the quality of the lather attained from such a small quantity of product. Add to that it gives the best interface I have experienced between blade and bristles. Heavenly scents bordering on strange or even bizarre and they are not just a token afterthought as they last longer than many aftershaves. Other than that they are reasonably priced and I have a cupboard full of the stuff for one reason and one reason only, it's a bloody great product.

Gentlemen's Tonic gives the OSP a close run but I do find the scent rather lacking and nondescript. However it does go a long way towards a great shave.

ADP is damn brilliant but at the price I rarely give it a run out and to be honest I find OSP more rewarding

St James of London. Currently using Mandarin and Patchouli as a travel cream. Overall performance, particularly cushion and post shave are a shade above anything else I've tried

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom