Wickham Super Smooth - Crystals

I'm finding a lot of tiny, gritty crystals forming in my Wickham Super Smooth soap. They don't interfere with the shave (which is very good), but they are noticeable.

Don't know if it's a feature of this soap in general, this particular scent (South Sea Spray), or batch (922 shown on base). I store it as I do my other soaps, in a dark drawer, away from light and heat. Or if it's the local water, which is quite hard....

Last edited:
yep as the other posts have stated its clumping of the stearic acid. I've got fair few soaps from loads of artisans and it hasn't effected the shave for me. With 1912 the scents seem to vary when this phenomenon occurs. From my experience with super smooth it seems to happen around the same time regardless of flavour.

@Fox any other input sir?

Reactions: Fox
yep as the other posts have stated its clumping of the stearic acid. I've got fair few soaps from loads of artisans and it hasn't effected the shave for me. With 1912 the scents seem to vary when this phenomenon occurs. From my experience with super smooth it seems to happen around the same time regardless of flavour.

@Fox any other input sir?

What he said. Though the original Super Smooth has long passed its recommended sell by date now. The new formula currently being tested has been formulated to stop the crystallisation of stearic acid. Hope this is of help. :)

Back
Top Bottom