1906 Single ring saved from the Bin

Tony'schin

Staff Member
Supporter
I have had this damaged Gillette 1906 single ring for ages, its been lost in the box of plenty for a long time. I found it again today.
Single ring Refurb (1).jpgSingle ring Refurb (2).jpg
It was missing 3 teeth and was very pitted, basically it belonged in the bin, tragic i thought.
So i set about it with a file, then some Autosol polish, then a bit Brasso and a buff up.
So i now have a usable Gillette Single Ring ShaDE razor.
Single ring Refurb (3).jpgSingle ring Refurb (4).jpgSingle ring Refurb (5).jpg
There is some blade overhang on the test fitting which actually makes the loading very easy.
It will get a run out soon.

I have had this damaged Gillette 1906 single ring for ages, its been lost in the box of plenty for a long time. I found it again today.
View attachment 125201View attachment 125202
It was missing 3 teeth and was very pitted, basically it belonged in the bin, tragic i thought.
So i set about it with a file, then some Autosol polish, then a bit Brasso and a buff up.
So i now have a usable Gillette Single Ring ShaDE razor.
View attachment 125203View attachment 125204View attachment 125205
There is some blade overhang on the test fitting which actually makes the loading very easy.
It will get a run out soon.
That looks really good! My first thought was to take all the teeth off and have it as a closed comb but not sure if that'd work.

You could buy broken ones off ebay and do your magic then sell them on!

What was the method used for affixing the replacement tooth in the photo?
Look at the bottom photo to see the replaced section, I didn't think just a soldered on tooth would be very strong. I filed away a section of the baseplate the same width as the tooth and then soldered on a piece of brass that was a bit oversized, then filed and sanded to shape. I still have the razor and it's still fine.

Back
Top Bottom