£17 suit.

Called into Matalan the other day,came out with a blue slim fit suit for 17 quid,bought a spare pair of trousers for a further 5 quid,total outlay £22,not saying it's the best suit I've owned but for the money it looks the part,lovely shade of blue as well,not your usual navy blue.I'm 52 and can still fit into a slim fit suit,and look very tidy.

Sam.

we have an M&S outlet near us. I was in there one day last year and they had big reductions on suits. I thought I would look through, thinking I'd be out of luck, but they had my size. So I got a nice blue, single breasted for something like £21. Lovely, suit and a perfect fit.

My dinner suit was £35 from M&S about 4 years back. Looks the part and much better than the supermarket ones which seemed to be normal suits with big lapels added (I.e. they looked very cheap). Much cheaper than hiring as well!

We also live near to an M&S Outlet and I recently dropped lucky for an Autograph suit at £14.00!

Nine quid for a jacket and a fiver for the strides, fits a treat and saved about £175 on RRP :icon_razz:

Nice one. I am a big fan of M&S suits as you can get blended material suits which are machine washable. That's a big plus for work suits, but other companies' machine washable suits seem to be 100% polyester, which just doesn't breathe enough for me.

My "normal" suit (weddings, funerals, and christenings as I call it) is also from M&S. One of the "ultimate" line it really does appear to self clean! Also got a spare set of trousers as part of the deal. Wouldn't have paid full price but got lucky as it was on offer at the time. The problem with cheap suits is they LOOK cheap as well. Unfortunately they tend not to fit me either whereas my brother seems to be just the right proportions.

I've come to realise that for the money, you can't do much better than an M&S suit. The Sartorial and Savile Row Inspired lines are just great - half- or fully-canvassed (the latter is the marker of good quality suit construction), pure wool, and reasonably priced. Of course they're made in China, but if you want British-made you have to stump up for the £800 Best of British line or go somewhere even more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom