Alpha Spirit AC Razor

Alpha released their Spirit razor a couple of months ago and I've had a number of shaves with it. I've run both a Kai Pink and Schick Proline through it - each from new to finish. I wanted to make sure I had a decent number of shaves with this razor before writing this review.

Link to the razor: https://www.alphashaving.com/outlaw-de/alpha-spirit-se

The razor is very light and nimble. It's an absolute pleasure to hold and move around my face. This is the razor I was hoping the Vector would be. Both the Kai Pink and Proline performed excellently in it. It has the comfort of a V1 General without the weight.

I'm happy to make this claim now I'm out of the honeymoon period: this may be the best AC razor I've ever used.

Bollocks to YMMV - my opinion is the only one on the Internet that matters.

High praise indeed! I’m so shallow though, I think it looks a bit ugly.

It's utilitarian but very well designed weight wise etc.

It could and should be my only razor, Jon. But... I'll still probably get a La Faulx at some point as I'm grossly shallow. Let me know if you want shot of yours
I should caveat this - I think the Spirit shaves better than the La Faulx. I just love the look of the La Faulx.

It's utilitarian but very well designed weight wise etc.

It could and should be my only razor, Jon. But... I'll still probably get a La Faulx at some point as I'm grossly shallow. Let me know if you want shot of yours
La Faulx is going nowhere, I can’t get past that handle on the Alpha, looks massive, makes me wonder what that Alpha head would look like on the Alpha Spirit.

La Faulx is going nowhere, I can’t get past that handle on the Alpha, looks massive, makes me wonder what that Alpha head would look like on the Alpha Spirit.
I think the thin head makes it look larger than it actually is. Here's a side-by-side with a Timeless Crown and Blutt handle for scale:

The handle is also hollowed to reduce weight:

I think it's much better than the Vector. I don't like the Vector - I find it rough*. This delivers a much better shave for me.

* I've owned both the stainless and titanium versions of the Vector.
I agree it’s much better shave than the Vector. 2nd to my Oren but amazing none the less. I’d like to try a Vector lite but having tried the original it’s night and day for me too. Light, efficient and smooth, you can’t beat it, (well the Oren does but that’s my very special unicorn razor!)