Any ideas on razor make?

Hi guys,

I have got a straight to restore - apparantly it is circa 1930's but it has no makers marks or anything.. any ideas what it is?

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 38
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 34
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 26
It's almost impossible to say given the number of manufacturers. What makes you think it's 1930s?

I guess it's not often to find an example with no makers marks but there could be a simple explanation that it just missed that part of the process or maybe someone was slipping a few to sell privately.

The fact that it has three pins doesn't help with identification although it does generally denote a bit more quality.

What's of more importance is whether it will take an edge and shave well.

Question on manufacturers? There seems to be untold hundreds of 'manufacturers from one location in England and one location in Germany . Any idea if these 'manufacturers' just Finished off blanks or they actually made the whole razor???
Why I ask is that the value should be determined by the maker of the blank and not necessarily the name on the razor.

Hi - thanks for comments. It was a bargain well I think so for 11quid on eBay. Owner claims circa 1930s. They seemed to be selling lots of old stuff but could be older/newer who knows! I like the mystery!!

Cool. Cheers. If it's what you say, and easy I'm lucky! I just saw it and took a chance! I will have to get it sent off for a home by someone who knows what they are doing!!

Back
Top Bottom