Any shavettes that take two se blade next to each other?

D

Deleted member 12673

Hello

I would be tempted to get the feather artisan razor which takes those injector style feather blades but I've got so many de blades I'd rather use them, so is there any shavettes that take two se blade next to each other.

As in side by side.

In my many years of searching out the weird and wacky, my answer is ... nope!
That's surprising tbh because a lot of straight razors have a wide blade so I would've thought they might be been a demand for this on shavettes to imitate the SR's

That's surprising tbh because a lot of straight razors have a wide blade so I would've thought they might be been a demand for this on shavettes to imitate the SR's

There is ...

Dovo
Burham
Miraki
Weck < I've mentioned this before to you but you need different blades, not DE

By side by side, I took it you means to make one long blade rather than a twin shavette, right? I guess they don't exist because it would likely be bloody dangerous! Bloody being the operative word.

If you want a longer blade, you need to get a longer blade. There are options out there ...

Last edited:
There is ...

Dovo
Burham
Miraki
Weck < I've mentioned this before to you but you need different blades, not DE

By side by side, I took it you means to make one long blade rather than a twin shavette, right? I guess they don't exist because it would likely be bloody dangerous! Bloody being the operative word.

If you want a longer blade, you need to get a longer blade. There are options out there ...
Yea I just mean a longer blade like how you have on SR's

Yea I just mean a longer blade like how you have on SR's

Given the curves of the face, there's only so long before a blade becomes useless - most straights are (folks that shave with straights can correct me if I'm wildly wrong here) between three and four inches long, given heel to nose I'd say most are about three inches long (about 8cm).

Probably the closest to that length (from the shavettes that I've used) is the Dovo and/or Burmax which uses a very similar blade. The Dovo is well regarded, but blade choice is very limited. Shorter, and you're down to Artist Club and Personna shaper blade lengths ... quick measure, it's two and quarter inches (almost 6cm) on the Personna shaper blades. I don't like AC and so don't have any in, but they're about the same length. DE blades are one and half inches (4cm).

Here's the Dovo:

DV201006.jpg

... where actually, you can see that the blade is about twice the length of a DE and actually kinda looks like two DEs next to each other (without the deadly gap). This is closest to what you're describing. As above, you can get inserts (see the red bit?) to hold DE blades (black insert) and even Personna shaper blades (green insert).

Your choice of long blades is ...

s-l640.jpg

One. Dovo. If you don't like 'em you're stuffed :D

That would do it! Slick, sluck, schick ... done in three stokes!

Back to @saj1985 and the Dovo suggestion ...

I've now read that the Dovo blades are discontinued, but Tondeo make a compatible blade (the TSS3) which is chrome edge and teflon coated, so should be sharp and comfortable. Supplies of that appear to be dwindling, too. I also read that they're about 65mm in length, so not much longer than the AC or Personna shaper blades, both of which are much more popular, seemingly.

Given the curves of the face, there's only so long before a blade becomes useless - most straights are (folks that shave with straights can correct me if I'm wildly wrong here) between three and four inches long, given heel to nose I'd say most are about three inches long (about 8cm).

Probably the closest to that length (from the shavettes that I've used) is the Dovo and/or Burmax which uses a very similar blade. The Dovo is well regarded, but blade choice is very limited. Shorter, and you're down to Artist Club and Personna shaper blade lengths ... quick measure, it's two and quarter inches (almost 6cm) on the Personna shaper blades. I don't like AC and so don't have any in, but they're about the same length. DE blades are one and half inches (4cm).

Here's the Dovo:

DV201006.jpg

... where actually, you can see that the blade is about twice the length of a DE and actually kinda looks like two DEs next to each other (without the deadly gap). This is closest to what you're describing. As above, you can get inserts (see the red bit?) to hold DE blades (black insert) and even Personna shaper blades (green insert).

Your choice of long blades is ...

s-l640.jpg

One. Dovo. If you don't like 'em you're stuffed :D
Nice like the look of the dock shavette

That would do it! Slick, sluck, schick ... done in three stokes!

Back to @saj1985 and the Dovo suggestion ...

I've now read that the Dovo blades are discontinued, but Tondeo make a compatible blade (the TSS3) which is chrome edge and teflon coated, so should be sharp and comfortable. Supplies of that appear to be dwindling, too. I also read that they're about 65mm in length, so not much longer than the AC or Personna shaper blades, both of which are much more popular, seemingly.
Thanks for the heads up mate

Back
Top Bottom