Berwick 1707 shoes

I've been casting around for a new pair of reasonably-priced-yet-high-quality dress shoes for a while, so when Justin Fitzpatrick over at The Shoe Snob blog recommended "a new player in the market" called Berwick 1707 I was intrigued.

Despite the quintessentially British name this is actually a Spanish brand, although most of the shoes I've seen in their range - Goodyear-welted Oxfords, Derbys and Brogues - are in what I think of as traditional 'English' styles. If I remember rightly Justin Fitzpatrick rated them as just below Crockett & Jones, which is high praise indeed.

It's pretty hard to find a UK retailer for these shoes, but I finally saw an Ebay shop offering them ("Feet on the Ground") and decided to take a punt on a pair of Casares black formal brogues. They arrived today and I have to say, I'm impressed. They're comfortable, and just as elegant and well made as anything I've worn that's come out of Northampton. And I'm a big fan of Barker and Cheaney. So if you're in the market for a new pair of smart shoes, have a look at Berwick 1707.

Back
Top Bottom