Big wardrobe change

Has anyone been through this?
I've got to an age (32) where I think I need to change my look. But I don't know if I should.
During the week I work half in schools so shirt,trousers etc the other half I work at home so anything really. On the evening it's either running gear or pj's as we have a young un.
Weekends are same jeans t shirt and hoody with trainers.
Now as I run my own company I think I should be dressing smarter, I'm even tempted to get a blazer/sports jacket.
But where would I wear it and would I look a tool changing my look ?

As long as your comfortable in what your wearing then sod everyone else. If that means running gear, hoodies etc then fine. However, if you want to add a bit of class then start with the basics like decent shoes, nice shirts and chinos/trousers. A helpful site might be Permanentstyle.co.uk. It's a blog but has a fair few tips on the basics. You could also have a browse on Styleforum.net but be warned there is a fair few 'interesting' characters on it and a lot of opinions.

I'm lucky in as much as I grew up pretty much influenced by Mod and Skinhead clothing. So much of that is timeless and classic (polos, decent shoes, smart shirts etc) that I haven't had to adapt too much as I have gotten older. I did have a few off years though, including a bit of a heavy metal phase and another of hoodies and trainers.

I find sports jackets and blazers are great as a dad; loads of pockets for all the stuff you end up carrying!

I find that decent shirts with nice shoes and jeans are adaptable to almost any situation. I need to wear a collar, be it a shirt or a polo. I don't like me in round necks. Trainers and sports wear are just for sports in my book.

But, as above, wear what you are comfy in. Clothes are very personal.

Back
Top Bottom