Blade storage between shaves

Hello fellas

I’d like to start storing my main razor on a stand, both to prevent another incident where it gets knocked over and to give it the pride of place it deserves.

One problem - I’ve a five year old in the house so I’ll be removing blades between shaves.

This looks like the perfect storage solution, but it’d be 25 quid by the time I’d pay postage

Does anyone know of a seller or similar device in the UK?

I dry mine and wrap it in loo roll between shaves, easy to put somewhere out of reach of the little monster lol. It'll save you £25.00 too.

I just use a magnet, can't you stick one out of reach?
I'd go this way if they won't stay away from them, my 4 year old has been banned from going near my side table. Otherwise yeah a magnet and bit of double sided tape should do the trick.

If you're determined to go this route then you can get one from Darwin as well, but not much cheaper when you factor in postage.

Though if you use AC and GEM blades as well then you can get a small batch made to cover all formats in the UK if you grab the 3D design, I had some made for travel and they worked out to be about £30 for a handful of each format (lost all my DE ones though).

I dry mine then put it back in the wrapper it came in (having marked wrapper with a little dot to indicate how many uses).
This goes in a little cheap box (on a high shelf away from likes of 5 year olds dogs).
I now have a nice collection of various blades with various uses I mix up with various DEs
I thought that was SOP and was what everyone else did!

:)

Keep the blade in the razor and keep that in the medicine cabinet where it belongs, did your old man "display" his razor?
He didn’t no. But he wasn’t worried about rust or bacteria buildup.

He also didn’t spend time on the internet talking about it, buy 50 soaps, watch videos of fellas shaving. I’m not sure the “Equally utilitarian to a bloke born in the 40s” is a yardstick that would apply to many blokes here.

The only cabinet in my kitchen is the one below the sink.

Going with the magnet approach

I just leave my blade on top of a bottle cap of a bottle of after shave. Or on top of a tub of cream. Or the small cardboard box my alum block is stored in. Many ways to do it.

He didn’t no. But he wasn’t worried about rust or bacteria buildup.

He also didn’t spend time on the internet talking about it, buy 50 soaps, watch videos of fellas shaving. I’m not sure the “Equally utilitarian to a bloke born in the 40s” is a yardstick that would apply to many blokes here.

The only cabinet in my kitchen is the one below the sink.

Going with the magnet approach
You shave in the kitchen???

You shave in the kitchen???
There’s a wee cabinet under the bowl of the sink in the bathroom. And a wee tower with wicker drawers filled up with the wife’s stuff.m and various bath toys for the child. Both are easily within reach of my son though

Hello fellas

I’d like to start storing my main razor on a stand, both to prevent another incident where it gets knocked over and to give it the pride of place it deserves.

One problem - I’ve a five year old in the house so I’ll be removing blades between shaves.

This looks like the perfect storage solution, but it’d be 25 quid by the time I’d pay postage

Does anyone know of a seller or similar device in the UK?
I just pat dry and then place the blade back in the wax paper it came in and mark the paper with a Sharpie pen so I know how many uses it has had, I then store the used blade's together in a small box.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom