Clogs: Would You Wear 'Em?

Leather Clog Boots: Would You Wear Them?

• Actually own a pair and love them.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Would love a pair!

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Quite like them but not for me.

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Not sure, not sure at all.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Would rather stick my hand in the garden shredder.

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
I don't own a pair any more but remember just after we moved to Barrowford in East Lancashire after my folks split up in 1973 both myself and my brother were taken by our grandparents to a clogmaker's shop in Nelson where we were measured up and properly fitted for a pair of the booted ones with the irons on the sole for school, apparently my Mum and her sister also had clogs made there when they were kids as well, but along with the demise of the mills in that area when the old guy that owned the shop retired there was no-one to take over.

They were hard work on worn cobbled street and manholes, grate covers etc and not very nice in the winter my feet always seemed to get very cold, we had a new pair each year for 3 years and then stopped wearing them and I started wearing Doc Marts or trainers and wore Doc Marts 10 hole black boots for school until I moved back to Derbyshire at 14 and was sent to Repton for schooling as my Dad didn't think much of the local comp and I was the "bright" one.

I have a pair of clogs somewhere but I'd be blowed if I can find them at the moment.......

They are very comfortable, and they are good for walking a reasonable distance but I don't think I would go a long way in them. The only real problem with them is walking on uneven ground or if you tread on a stone it gets a bit tiring on the ankles.

Now where did I leave the bloody things? [emoji17]

gazza said:
Each to their own but my feet were made for dancing.

not clog dancing.

Dancing with strange looking blue birds with huge cucumis melo, perhaps?

Wa shit now I've got to go down the shed and mulch my fucking hand up in the shredder, you ain't getting my pussy hand nor are you getting the other mitt :mad: the cat will just have to take my place :angel:

And don't you be choking on your tea Mr G :dodgy:

John said:
Wa shit now I've got to go down the shed and mulch my fucking hand up in the shredder, you ain't getting my pussy hand nor are you getting the other mitt :mad: the cat will just have to take my place :angel:

Ahhh yes, you didn't disappoint me John,

Up till now I hadn't looked at this thread, but saw you as the last poster and clicked on to here!!! Well said ....pip pip, huzzah....very diplomatic from what I could see. Subtle, yet somehow the point is taken. I don't know what it means but you sound serious.

Glad I read the one post anyway,

Martin

dodgy said:
John said:

Ahhh yes, you didn't disappoint me John,

Up till now I hadn't looked at this thread, but saw you as the last poster and clicked on to here!!! Well said ....pip pip, huzzah....very diplomatic from what I could see. Subtle, yet somehow the point is taken. I don't know what it means but you sound serious.

Glad I read the one post anyway,

Martin

Ha Martin! Why don't you cast your Vote!!! These Clogs would have some good points I'm sure, they look easy to repair, but it's a death sentence to have them in Dartford, mind you they would be good for kicking the nut sack of your fellow man :dodgy:

What's less painless, a electric or petrol driven garden shredder?

But...If some enterprising chap would set up a stall in one of the Hipster markets down here I reckon you would be in for making a small fortune. The Hipster Gents are all sporting beards, brogues and jean shorts at the moment.
They need a new style of footwear to clash with their milky white legs ;)

Found them!

IMG_20140518_113643.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400409636967.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400409636967.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 9
Ha, ha, me tea's all over the floor, John! Managed to miss the lapple aptop but only just. Picture the scene: muckle great wide arc of tea spray spouting right out me fizzer in slow mo and the wife doing her nut top speed. She coming for you man, best tha clogs on and run/stumble/fall.

In the trad Brit working boot form, I likes 'em! But nae in the bawbag - wid bring a tear tae a glass ee!
nutkick.gif

Gairdner said:
Ha, ha, me tea's all over the floor, John! Managed to miss the lapple aptop but only just. Picture the scene: muckle great wide arc of tea spray spouting right out me fizzer in slow mo and the wife doing her nut top speed. She coming for you man, best tha clogs on and run/stumble/fall.

In the trad Brit working boot form, I likes 'em! But nae in the bawbag - wid bring a tear tae a glass ee!
nutkick.gif

LOL Picturing Tea spraying in super slow mo, Wife's head turning round "naeeeeeeeeee Curse ye john, he's dain it again" complete with shaking Fist :mad:

If I ever visit Scotland I'm getting protection for me bawbag (clog-Guidwife proof)

He he :icon_razz:

My dad wore clogs in 1956 in the steel mill to protect his feet and wore heavy cotton mitts and a muslin sweat rag around his neck, them were the days! Last time I seen clogs for sale was in the Shambles in York.

Back
Top Bottom