Double Edge Repairs UK/EU

Anyone know of a vintage razor repairer in the UK or EU , picked up a Super 109 but it has a broken/dislodged spring and needs repaired, any ideas?

Gillette Adjustable Broken Spring.jpg

Hi mate
Looks like handle drop (knob drop)
It’s an easy fix, I will post some images how to fix later.
I’m in Australia so don’t know anyone in UK.
You will need a pair of plyers, paper bulldog clip and masking tape.

Hi @Bish

Clean the brass inner with a toothbrush.
Then set the handle back in position, screw closed.

Mask the handle so not to mark the handle knurling
Using the plyers crimp the round recess on the handle, this will lock the brass inner back in position.

This is quite common, metal on metal will always move after years of use.

You need a bit of grip force, but don't overdo it, a few good squeezes will be enough.
Remember you are re-crimping both sides at once so work your way around half of the handle, keep checking if its set.

01.jpg02.jpg
03.jpg

Shaved really well too, after i posted this a 1978 black beauty was delivered ( Birth year , Plastic base plate ) ill get some shots over the next few days.

Shaved really well too, after i posted this a 1978 black beauty was delivered ( Birth year , Plastic base plate ) ill get some shots over the next few days.
I don't have the Black Beauty.
I preferred the earlier model with the metal base plate.
A lot of people don't understand the change and call the earlier model a Black Beauty.
I used mine this morning, a really nice shave but had a mild blade in so moved to setting 6.

I don't have the Black Beauty.
I preferred the earlier model with the metal base plate.
A lot of people don't understand the change and call the earlier model a Black Beauty.
I used mine this morning, a really nice shave but had a mild blade in so moved to setting 6.
That was my understanding, it’s an 84, 109 and the plastic base plate Black Beauty, but used the 109 today, on a four , was a d.f.s, love this hobby.

Back
Top Bottom