EBay razor goes over new price

Was watching a razor item number 161197796416 I can't copy link from eBay app the vendor has a link to the amazon one in his description.

Amazon 17.28 free delivery

Ebay 21 + 3 delivery for a second hand one

Some people are unreal, and we'll done to the seller

A mate of mine, who makes a living through eBay selling 60's and 70's toys found a stock of carded 'cap' guns in a shop in a seaside town for a ridiculously low price. Pennies.

He put them on eBay knowing Americans would go nuts for them, and they did.

However, one buyer who paid the asking price (many Pounds) was from the same, small seaside town where my pal had found them in the first place. Lived on the same road, actually!

I remember watching a woodworking machine which normally retailed for about £1300 make about £800 2nd hand which seems OK until you looked at the UK suppliers website and at the time they had it on sale at half price!

Some people go into car showrooms, pick up the current brochures, and sell them on ebay for actual money. Amazing what people will buy. I'm kicking myself for chucking out all the brochures my dad picked up at the motorshow each year during the 70s and 80s...

PhilD said:
Some people go into car showrooms, pick up the current brochures, and sell them on ebay for actual money. Amazing what people will buy. I'm kicking myself for chucking out all the brochures my dad picked up at the motorshow each year during the 70s and 80s...

OK. Off topic but..

Paid £100 for a boxful of old Roberts Radio advertising leaflets pre war/ to the 60s. Sold them in Ebay's early days for around £3000.

again off topic

very rare you get a great bargain on ebay nowadays

its been taken over by shops and far east traders and the fees and postage often makes it unworthwhile for the average guy wanting to flog a few bits and bobs

you now get charged on postage costs

Al H said:
again off topic

very rare you get a great bargain on ebay nowadays

its been taken over by shops and far east traders and the fees and postage often makes it unworthwhile for the average guy wanting to flog a few bits and bobs

you now get charged on postage costs

Absolutely.

Also you get marked down by people for postage when you charge the exact amount as they are just too thick to realise. I've taken to free postage and just factoring it in to the selling price. I mostly use buy it now with the best price option. Ebay now charge you 10% even on the postage so I've nothing to loose.

Back
Top Bottom