End of my brush journey? Simpson Brushes ( pic heavy )

Bish

Supporter
Supporter
A few months ago i came back to wet shaving after having a beard for nearly a decade, I didnt realise how much the ritual of shaving helps you feel good and helps your mental health ( not my wallet mind you )
So i decided to see what equipment i really wanted and make a push to get them, today im nearly at the end of my brush aquisition journey, all in all over 10 years ago i had a Simpson Jubilee in Machurian and a Chubby 2 in best ( Sold them both, Chubby didnt have the flow i wanted and Jubilee was too small for my hands )
Figured out i prefer bigger brushes so when i came back to wet shaving a few months ago i set out to see what i could pick up, below is my Mistakes and Successes in Simpsons line up.

IMG_9667.jpg

Captain 2 Butterscotch In Super ( Amazingly Soft, lacks backbone, great size, not a fan of knot shape, will be sold )

Captain 2 Ebony In Silvertip 2 band ( slightly more scritchy than the Super Captain, slightly better backbone, better colour scheme in my opinion, will be kept)

M7 Ebony In Silvertip 2 band ( messaged Simpsons to make me the Ebony Captain, and the 2 , 2band M7's , great service from Anna at Progress Vulfix ) super soft knot , zero scritch , and albeit a smaller knot than i normally use , i can see the benefits, good backbone and handle design means clean hands when lathering ) keeper rotation

M7 Ivory In Silvertip 2 band ( Super soft , zero scritch , good backbone, great size knot for face lathering even though Simpson mentions its a bowl brush, i have big hands ) this ones a keeper for the rotation

Duke 3 Ebony Best Badger ( scrubby and great flow through, decent size knot, im not a fan of the shape and the handle is a wee bit too small, will be sold )

IMG_9668.jpg

IMG_9669.jpg

IMG_9671.jpg

IMG_9672.jpg

IMG_9673.jpg

IMG_9675.jpg

IMG_9676.jpg

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

Back
Top Bottom